Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we lost again at Anfield but down to:-

1. Was never a penalty, poor refereeing, he was not up with the play.
1. Pickford at fault.

So Liverpool did not score from open play. For me our team had a very decent game, defended well and moved forward well, it was not all defend.
Was it just me but I thought we were better when Rooney was taken off, seemed to be far better balanced on the pitch. Also Bolassie did well but should have come off at about 60 mins, clearly nackered but still gave, crying out for Vlasic methinks to have come on.

As regards the referee helped them more than us with his decisions, poor.

Upfront the weakness was DCL, there is that little bit lacking, needs to bulk up to stand up agin defenders and shoot at first chance but also to me was fouled a bit and the ref ignored it. Martina awful, we need no messing a LB and for me Nzonzi in and drop Scheinds.

So we have another striker, now go and get the midfielder and LB, which is all we need ATM.

Not too down hearted after seeing that performance, need to produce it more regularly and we can climb that table.

It was 50% better Fred because that's how piss poor we were in the league game.

We were miles better tonight, thing is though they looked miles worse and we still couldn't beat them and still only managed one shot on target. That's just not good enough for me mate and the 2 areas where we were piss poor were the 2 areas that should have been sorted at 12.01am 1st January 2018 and we would be sitting here now saying that was a decent win. We are playing with inferior players like Cuco, players who have had to play too much like DCL yet there's 2 players we had to pick tonight for starters.

It's all ifs and buts, it's always ifs and buts isn't it mate so just ignore me, im highly pissed off at that defeat so probably not seeing anything positive like others might do mate.
I get that mate. I really do. It still isnt good enough I agtee. But after a truly horrible day in which we sold my favourite player of recent times AND my favourite young player, I guess I was just content that the boys actually gave it a go for a change. And hopefully showed that chump that there is more than one way to play football.

He had two options, he chose the worse option. Nobody is crying, nobody would be crying if he chose to pass. Passing would have given us a better chance of getting a last minute goal though.
Guarantee if it was a Lpool or City player they would have made the rught choice. Our players should be forced to watch videos of them over and over.

I get that mate. I really do. It still isnt good enough I agtee. But after a truly horrible day in which we sold my favourite player of recent times AND my favourite young player, I guess I was just content that the boys actually gave it a go for a change. And hopefully showed that chump that there is more than one way to play football.
I really hope we play like that against Spurs.

Wouldn't be too disheartened, yes it's annoying being out the cup again. But we didn't disgrace ourselves. Only a dodgy penalty and our keepers first real clanger of the season won them the game. Also we carried an actual threat at times.

The one conundrum from the games was we looked so much better when Rooney went off and we had two proper wingers. So if we play our usual three in midfield. It more than likely means only sigurdsson or Rooney plays. That's presuming Sam like a sitter and a box to box.

I only say this as I'd be very surprised if we ever lined up sigurdsson Rooney and say gana as a 3. Although it works for City but with a much better team all round and a very offensive minded coach.

Did you not watch us between September - November?

That time period was infinitely more depressing than last night, performance wise at least.

I actually thought we played a lot better and were unlucky not to take it to a replay.
Hi yes we were much improved, but it's the season as a whole that has got to me now, out of 3 compititions early when the season promised so much. Let's hope now that our season kicks on I still don't think 7th is out of the question, so let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back