Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it ever change? The same expression after they do us again over and over again! They don't even need to be at their best...their full strength, the inevitable or so it's seems always takes hold.

Will it come the day when we finally win a game that really really matters against them like today like 2012 semi final.. that the only hope that I think keeps us all going, I mean surely it's going to be our day? It has to be doesn't it? Can we skip to that point and to that euphemism their sad faces and our smiles...we all hope for that day to come sooner or later....

Some guy on the radio was saying that it's the most one-sided Derby fixture of all the top 5 leagues of Europe.

Even Espanyol have beaten their local rivals (Barcelona) away from home since we last best the RS at Anfield.

I've drank a lot more rum since full time and I can sincerely say I hate what Everton has become, I mean we are Everton ffs.

9 times champions of England.
5 times FA cup winners.
Winners of a European trophy.
A club associated with "firsts."

Now look at us. Playing for a draw at a [Poor language removed] Liverpool team. I was only 10 when we last won a trophy but my arl fella always taught me we were Everton and we EXPECT to win trophies. We are a shadow of that club. We are a joke. Rightly or wrongly I was brought up with high expectations and it kills me. I watch back the 95 semi final and cup final and even though we were crap we still expected a result. Now we just hope for the best and it absolutely kills me. I don't know how the under 30s cope and/or stick it out.

I hate you Everton for how much we love you.

We actually did alright.

L'Pool created f all, really. They got massively lucky with the softest penalty going (we aren't allowed to complain, though), and then a mistake from a corner that came from a wicked deflection 30 yards out.

Other than that they had a lot of the ball without doing much at all. Not one clear-cut chance.

We're still crap going forward but improved when Rooney went off as we had pace and that stretched the game, and Gylfi played well.

Crap result when I think we did enough to deserve the draw.

My son's at university and we haven't won at Anfield in his entire lifetime.

Can't see us winning there ever again, not in my lifetime anyway. The gulf in finances and class is just too much.

Some guy on the radio was saying that it's the most one-sided Derby fixture of all the top 5 leagues of Europe.

Even Espanyol have beaten their local rivals (Barcelona) away from home since we last best the RS at Anfield.

I was told that since we last beat Liverpool at Anfield, 1860 Munich have beaten Bayern in the league twice. They’ve only been in the same division for 4 of those years as well. We really are pathetic.

Just got back.

We played well.

Their fanbase is properly weird. Half and half scarves, iPads, everyone in colours, scarf twirling, wools and foreigners everywhere.

What's the point? I'd hate it if we became like that.

I walked all the way back to Lime Street and nearly everyone I walked past or overheard talking, none of them seemed too bothered about the game, like it dosent mean much to them, no wonder its so quiet there, no passion at all, can tell they are manufactured

In what way does a defender scoring a lucky header due to our keeper making a mistake highlight the Tosun situation?

Because they got they're signing wrapped up for the derby we didn't. There's scored and ours didn't have a chance.

Can't fault the work rate but I'm not buying into the hard luck stuff, I don't think it was a pen granted but players need to get over it otherwise the rest of the match is just feeling sorry for yourself.

The goal was brilliant, good build up and a cracking finish from Sigurdsson, apart from that, that goalkeeper of theirs, who is woeful, wasn't tested and that's the most telling thing. It just wasn't good enough and whilst those mutants will brag and spew verbal diarrhoea to any Blue willing to listen, our season is over more or less barring some big surprise signings and a fantastic run till May.

Not speaking for anyone else when I say I have grown tired and fed up of it all, will always love the club, it just feels monotonous season after season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back