2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dav, you forgot about the real basket case Dour Dave signed, Richard Wright from Arsenal, fell over an advertising board before one game and had to be replaced, fell out of his loft getting his suitcases for a holiday and had to go to the hospital instead that’s beside being useless as a goalie, add him to Billyletdown who scored two or three cracking goals but was as poor or worse than Davies from Fulham, was he a Moyes signing?
was at that game! Quality moment!

You’d think at his age now, he’d have the humility to look at himself and hold his hands up for the way his career went.

Not that he’s got many regrets like. Loved the nightlife and the birds and what better way to live it than as a football player getting paid millions and not having to actually kick a football.

I pity him in a way, he clearly needed help and either didn’t receive it, or didn’t want it.
Think he has been a bit more contrite in some interviews a few years back but to recoup some of his lost millions I think he’s a bit of a YouTube / social media personality now days and tries to live up to his reputation as a bit of character.
That type of tweet / post being typical of his persona.

You’d think at his age now, he’d have the humility to look at himself and hold his hands up for the way his career went.

Not that he’s got many regrets like. Loved the nightlife and the birds and what better way to live it than as a football player getting paid millions and not having to actually kick a football.

I pity him in a way, he clearly needed help and either didn’t receive it, or didn’t want it.
IIRC he had some issue with his Daughter? Im sure Everton would have been there for him, its what we do well.

Cant understand his calling us out, he must be off his nut still!

or maybe i have this completely ass about face?

rushes off to buy some lemo!;):D

Think he has been a bit more contrite in some interviews a few years back but to recoup some of his lost millions I think he’s a bit of a YouTube / social media personality now days and tries to live up to his reputation as a bit of character.
That type of tweet / post being typical of his persona.
Forgot about that. Didn’t he do some weird carpool karaoke style interview with Lukaku where they just slagged the club off. Or have I completely dreamt that?

Forgot about that. Didn’t he do some weird carpool karaoke style interview with Lukaku where they just slagged the club off. Or have I completely dreamt that?
Nope you didn’t dream it unfortunately. He’s just a bit of a clown - nearly said nowdays, but he was a clown when he signed for us too. Ferrari ‘nicked’, his guard dog ‘nicked’ neither anything whatsoever with booze and coke fuelled binges with ne’er-do-wells and brasses… but somehow all Everton and Moyes’s fault.

I think the majority are saying he was great, but has been well below par for a long time now. Since around Christmas under Ancelotti.

I agree with that.

Early days he was seen as a great Baines replacement.

Now? Most would surely agree he's not in the same league as him.

If I'm Digne, I'm be wanting a move to a team like Chelsea, Napoli, Inter Milan. He'd look a lot better player in a team that attacks more than it defends.
If you look at our average possession this season, that's never going to compliment Digne. I think he and his agent know that, as does Benitez.
He wasn't fit last Christmas, he was injured. He came back (in the league) on Jan 12, 2021 against Wolves and played left mid in a team that had Sigurdsson and James up front. Assisted Iwobi's opener.

But agree with the rest. We got lucky that he came in and performed straight away because, like with Coleman, we left it way too late to sign a replacement for Baines.

Imagine you're the club that owns Lukaku, a multi million pound asset to your business. Then you find out that your asset has decided the best place for an interview is in a car with Van Der Meyde.

IIRC he had some issue with his Daughter? Im sure Everton would have been there for him, its what we do well.

Cant understand his calling us out, he must be off his nut still!

or maybe i have this completely ass about face?

rushes off to buy some lemo!;):D
Never bought that for a moment. The same daughter still has medical issues (I won't go into how I know this), but he hasn't seen her in years

The fella is the absolute worst and I'm 100% convinced that he used his daughter's issues (which are genuine) as an excuse to carry on his partying

Never feel sorry for him, he is a deplorable human being

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back