2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas’s stat man at it again

View attachment 151265
That’s not good then because his creativity recently has been crap. Which means everybody else is even crapper and we really are crapped.

flush.gif

Let me guess, a weekend of special brew has worn off and your coming down slowly from mouth frothing to trying to be obnoxious, as it’s as much as you can muster?

Wigan kopites are very amusing lol keep it up.
Hard lines Thomas. Maybe you'll cheer up next week if we dont beat Norwich.

Best of luck with that.

Baines was a quality wing back (rather than left back) in my opinion, but got caught out defensively on occasion, but that goes with the territory given the attacking duties given to the position. However, he was a vastly superior defender than Digne.

Yeah i wouldnt argue with wing back. I just wasnt having that real negative post about him. He was a classy little player. His link up with pienaar was one of the best in the league at the time. And he scored some belting goals.
For 6m and length of service baines was absolute quality.

Villa fan here in nothing but peace and respect. Always had huge admiration and love for Everton as a club, being a team in probably the most similar position to Villa over my lifetime supporting them - huge history and fanbase and real "sleeping giants" but ultimately lacking in anything to bloody show for it...

I'm baffled by the Digne transfer. I've looked through the last 30 pages of this thread as it certainly wasn't that long ago that Digne was touted as one of the best LBs in the Prem; 40 odd caps for France etc... what the F has happened to warrant us being able to get him?
If you sign him you’ll be getting a very good attacking full back with a wand of a left foot. There are a few reasons that he’s being allowed to leave us, first and foremost, he has had an argument with Benitez and the mighty Benitez ego wants him gone. This has been a bit more acceptable to the fans, as, since Lucas returned from injury, about a year ago, he returned to a team which Ancelotti had decided was going to play very defensive stuff which, of course, didn’t suit Lucas’ game at all, having said that he still managed 7 assists for the season.

This season, he is playing in an ultra defensive shambles of a Benitez set up and has hardly had a chance to cross the half way line. Rumour has it that it was a discussion about the tactics which caused the falling out. I shouldn’t worry too much about Dignes attitude either, he has been a model pro for us, until Benitez came in.

Villa fan here in nothing but peace and respect. Always had huge admiration and love for Everton as a club, being a team in probably the most similar position to Villa over my lifetime supporting them - huge history and fanbase and real "sleeping giants" but ultimately lacking in anything to bloody show for it...

I'm baffled by the Digne transfer. I've looked through the last 30 pages of this thread as it certainly wasn't that long ago that Digne was touted as one of the best LBs in the Prem; 40 odd caps for France etc... what the F has happened to warrant us being able to get him?

Good going forward. Good assists.
Cant defend. Slow. Can look half arsed at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back