2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is Them fee’s were pre covid. And Chelsea/city have to pay over the odds.

So we won’t get 70 for Pickford. If Digne’s not playing then surely he will push for a move and it would be stupid of us to have a 25mil player in the stands. He’s a French international and has good numbers from his previous seasons. I’m sure we will have a good few clubs sniffing around. We may not get top dollar, but I’d expect 25mil minimum
He can play in Europe for his new club, that shouldn’t be underestimated

The thing is Them fee’s were pre covid. And Chelsea/city have to pay over the odds.

So we won’t get 70 for Pickford. If Digne’s not playing then surely he will push for a move and it would be stupid of us to have a 25mil player in the stands. He’s a French international and has good numbers from his previous seasons. I’m sure we will have a good few clubs sniffing around. We may not get top dollar, but I’d expect 25mil minimum
He still in his prime, can play in Europe and has played for top clubs before.

If it is just a spat it shouldn't last longer than 1 game. I mean it is not like Rodriquez where you can say he is a luxury player who might not fit into a preferred way of playing.

Delph? Has played left back.
Truth is digne has been getting called out on this forum for quite a while now. I think benitez has acted how many Everton fans have actualy posted about him.
Everton need to stop shipping goals. In my opinion dropping someone who hasnt looked arsed as the goals went in isnt the end of the world.
Delph played left-back four seasons ago for the best club in the country. Not a side that regularly exposes their full-backs to one v ones on the edge of their own area.

Digne has been poor with his form, absolutely., That doesn't mean he needs dropping from the entire SQUAD, does it?

By all means drop him to the bench, but why would you not have him as an option? We literally do not have another left-back in the squad.

If it is just a spat it shouldn't last longer than 1 game. I mean it is not like Rodriquez where you can say he is a luxury player who might not fit into a preferred way of playing.
He’s not in the squad today so its already two . Its ultimately about results , that’ll almost certainly influence whose side we take , that’s football .

Delph played left-back four seasons ago for the best club in the country. Not a side that regularly exposes their full-backs to one v ones on the edge of their own area.

Digne has been poor with his form, absolutely., That doesn't mean he needs dropping from the entire SQUAD, does it?

By all means drop him to the bench, but why would you not have him as an option? We literally do not have another left-back in the squad.

Ultimately we as fans dont know what goes on mate.

For all we know Digne's overstepped the mark and Benitez has told him to do one.

Not saying Benitez could be less stubborn but thats what he is so as manager the players should be smart enough to know not to go to war with him.

Was the same with Moist - Van Der Meyde claims he was a tosser towards him after issues with one another occured, Drenthe was left out of a cup semi final for turning up for training late.

We never moaned back then because we had standards in the fanbase and accepted the manager is the boss. 6 years of "hollywood" and extravagant signings under Moshiri has made our fanbase soft.

Absolutely love the melts saying he's not been in good in two years.

Go back to this thread this time last year when we were all gutted that he was going to be out for three months...
At the end of the day, he’s been one of our best players for about 3 years.
This is another of those incredibly amateurish manoeuvres by Everton football club.
Why wouldn’t you keep him involved?
Whatever’s gone on, I’m sure they could behave like adults between themselves and make the best of the situation until he leaves.

Ultimately we as fans dont know what goes on mate.

For all we know Digne's overstepped the mark and Benitez has told him to do one.

Not saying Benitez could be less stubborn but thats what he is so as manager the players should be smart enough to know not to go to war with him.

Was the same with Moist - Van Der Meyde claims he was a tosser towards him after issues with one another occured, Drenthe was left out of a cup semi final for turning up for training late.

We never moaned back then because we had standards in the fanbase and accepted the manager is the boss. 6 years of "hollywood" and extravagant signings under Moshiri has made our fanbase soft.
We know that Digne has been training and Benitez said on Friday that 'the team comes first'.

Well the sack of s*** has not put 'the team first' by once again dropping the only left-back in the squad entirely.

He can't complain of injury issues or use them as an excuse when he's cutting his nose off to spite his face.

Van der Meyde and Drenthe both had serious issues and were problems at every club they've been at. Every manager Digne has had, at some great clubs, has praised him. Yet suddenly he's a troublemaker?

Nah, not having it. Benitez has history, lots of it. He picks fights, he's divisive. He's done it all of his career, and the last 10 years of his career have been dreadful.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, he’s been one of our best players for about 3 years.
This is another of those incredibly amateurish manoeuvres by Everton football club.
Why wouldn’t you keep him involved?
Whatever’s gone on, I’m sure they could behave like adults between themselves and make the best of the situation until he leaves.
We've handed full control to a giant man baby

Status
Not open for further replies.