Lukaku to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to be the main man at a high level, we give him that wearas most wont give him a guaranteed clear run at it
He wants the highest level though or an indication we are working towards it, I'd imagine. Can't blame him for that I guess, I just hope we have it to offer him.

Lukaku's agent confirmed that he has talked to Levy regarding the move. We cannot afford his wages, let alone the transfer fee.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9246323?

Not sure Spurs pay a huge amount more than us in most cases, their fans are always bragging about their "strict wage structure" and how they don't pay megabucks.

I doubt they've got more than a couple of players on £100k+ and I'm not sure they'd be prepared to pay Lukaku that.

I think we have a good chance of getting him if Martinez wants him. There has been a big change in our positioning and attitude in the transfer market since Martinez arrived....Moyes would not have got either Deloufeu or Lukaku on loan last season, possibly not even Barry...and is Robles on loan? I think he was at Wigan. Martinez seems to have better and lets face it friendlier relations with more European/big clubs than Moyes. This is not 'another dig' at Moyes, but seems to be a fact. Another thing, loanees and permanent transfer seen to buy into the new Everton...nobody is simply passing the time here(unless they're injured of course)

"There's also a difference between Everton that plays against relegation and an Everton that fights for European football."

Dafuq does that mean?

I read that as were a more attractive proposition fighting for top 4 than if we were floating about lower down the table, and only aiming for survival each year (40points is the target etc)

His agent is doing what his agent gets paid to do, get the best deal for his client. This will be ongoing until Lukaku's future is decided, whether with us or another club.

The agent will be in the press driving up the value of his asset every week until the bumper payday arrives

Best ignoring it and leaving it to the hands of the gods.

If we don't finish in the top 4 (which, let's face it, we're certainly not favourites to), Lukaku is just as likely to end up at Spurs as he is here.

They have more money and the attraction of being in London.

Would I spend £20m on him? I don't know, I really don't. Sometimes he looks like a one man team. Pace, power, finishing, etc. Other times when he's trying to link up play, he's pathetically bad. If we signed him, we'd need to sign another type of striker for certain games too, the sort who can hold the ball, can control it and is able to link with other players well.

I change my mind about Lukaku on practically a daily basis.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20140402_01053058

Everton in poleposition om Lukaku

The Daily Mail picked up yesterday with the news that Chelsea 's Lukaku prepared for 20 million pounds ( 24 million euros) to Tottenham Hotspur to sell . A message that is according Lukaku 's manager Christophe Henrotay ' nonsense ' .

Henrotay is in talks with Tottenham , but he also maintains close ties with Lukaku 's current club Everton . The blue club from Liverpool would be delighted Belgians finally taking over Chelsea . And more importantly : Lukaku wants to stay at Everton

excuse the google translate but my dutch mate had a quick read over it and said thats what it says basically

just posting this again from the same paper earlier in the day, read the part in bold (agent = manager)

I think it's good news that his agent is going to the press, means there's something to his rift with Chelsea. It also looks like Spurs and Us are interested, I'd say you could throw Arsenal in to that group too. I think a major factor might be stability and continuity for Lukaku. If he goes to someone like Spurs, that will be 4 clubs in 3 cities over 3 years. If I were a betting man I'd say Everton are in negotiations to sign him before the world cup and his agent is using Levy (sp?) to put a bit of pressure on bill.

Christophe Henrotay is basically Everton's favourite European agent.

The number of his players we've been linked with or signed in the last few years is quite big.

Lukaku
Mirallas
Batshuayi
M'Bokani
Odjidja-Ofoe
Bassong

Probably one of the things in our favour on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back