Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
put yourself in lukakus shoes doubling your wages and playing CL,no brainer really for a lad whos not even british.
if anything near 45 million is bid,uncle bill will snap their hands off.

Who on Earth is going to bid 45 million for him? C'mon now.

We payed £28m he's on long contract and eventhough our PL season was crap Rom scored plenty in EL his value is on rise despite all of thingys. I'd say his value on the markets is about £33-35m but if we would let him go the bid should be around £40m. Yes..Thats about it.

We payed £28m he's on long contract and eventhough our PL season was crap Rom scored plenty in EL his value is on rise despite all of thingys. I'd say his value on the markets is about £33-35m but if we would let him go the bid should be around £40m. Yes..Thats about it.
Mate I am a fan of the lad, but scoring, what was it...8 in open play? No way are we getting more than we paid for this Summer if anyone makes an offer.

Who on Earth is going to bid 45 million for him? C'mon now.
he will easily fetch that much,
45/50 for sterling,villa want 30 odd for benteke,even Watford want 20 odd for troy fckin deeney,
its the going rate for a 22 year old whos scored a hat full in a mediocre team.
if the right offer comes in,he ll be gone and we,ll start the season with kone up front,then the moaners will have something proper to complain about.

Mate I am a fan of the lad, but scoring, what was it...8 in open play? No way are we getting more than we paid for this Summer if anyone makes an offer.

Lol back to open play again, I'll have to take that into account when picking my fantasy team next season.

100% we'd make a profit in him if we sold him now. Of all the crap speculation going around every single one of the stories has us making a profit.

If you're talking about right now then I obviously agree with you. No one is going to even pay £28m at the moment. However, if people seriously think that if he has a good season next year or stays and has a couple of good seasons that we will sell him for less than £40m then they're very naive in my opinion.

Andy Carroll went for £35m a few years ago when those fees were quite rare... Troy Deeney of Watford is being rumoured to have a £20m price tag FFS lol

The rumours are the usual rubbish.

However... maybe Rom should take a leaf out of Harry Kane's book. This is how you put such rumours to bed and appease the fans who have stood by you and supported you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33194108

Yeah that's the proper response from the player. Dignified and respectful to club and fans, while still not actually closing any doors indefinitely, mind you - I'm pretty sure the buying/interested club much prefers this kind of media comments from the player to some cringey, ambivalent expression of "ambition".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back