Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I say, we should have made a move for the boy Jan Klaas or indeed Edin Dzeko before his price blew up, we need a proper number 9, somebody like Duncan in his prime, to feed off the balls from Baines.

If we can get 25m or something similar from United I would snatch their hands rar off personally.

Hes a below average striker in my book, Lukapoo.

As I say, we should have made a move for the boy Jan Klaas or indeed Edin Dzeko before his price blew up, we need a proper number, somebody like Duncan in his prime, to feed off the balls from Baines.

If we can get 25m or something similar from United I would snatch their hands rar off personally.

Hes a below average striker in my book, Lukapoo.
Is than Opta stat for how many boss crosses we get into the box? It may be my failing memory but I cant remember that many.

We seem to doss in front of the 18 yard box of the opposition too much. Ferguson would be useless in that capacity.

Difference right there between Everton and Liverpool. Liverpool are demanding that Sterling a player who has done jack all in his career apart from tap in Suarez's gifts is sold for 50 million. He is a pact winger who gets single figure goals and assists most seasons and can't make a dent in the international or European scene.

We have a 20 goal a season striker proven in the prem with poorer sides over three years, golden boot in a Europen competition and has a decade at the top left in him at least, yet we'll meekly just try and get our money back for him. We'll probably throw in John Stones for 10 mill as well. The market is the market, clubs shouldn't get cheap players from us. If varane goes for 40 mill then that is the price for Stones. If Benteke goes for 30 mill Lukaku has to be higher, if Strrling goes for 40 Lukaku has to be higher because he is better than these players and more valuable to clubs.
Sorry, but seriously... based on WHAT?

Our current board has MASSIVE flaws, but one thing they can't be accused of is selling off our players on the cheap - particularly in recent times.

Or are you still basing that ridiculous statement on the fact that we sold Rooney for cheaper than we should have more than A DECADE AGO?

Is than Opta stat for how many boss crosses we get into the box? It may be my failing memory but I cant remember that many.

We seem to doss in front of the 18 yard box of the opposition too much. Ferguson would be useless in that capacity.

I mean prior to getting in the clown that thinks tiki taka zombie football is the best route to go down, direct attacking football based on pacy wingbacks was the focal point of the Moyes era.

It seems to me as tho Martinez is buying lazy strikers to slow our attack down.

I mean prior to getting in the clown that thinks tiki taka zombie football is the best route to go down, direct attacking football based on pacy wingbacks was the focal point of the Moyes era.

It seems to me as tho Martinez is buying lazy strikers to slow our attack down.
OK so after you put the goalposts on wheels and give them a good shove are you now ready to admit about us needing a Duncan Ferguson rather than a Lukaku in this team being utter tripe? Because you should. You slobbering sumo beaut.

As for OPTA stats @chicoazul.

We made 12.7 shots on goal on average per game, with only 4.4 on target.

Leightion Baines makes on average 7.27 crosses per 90minutes, with only a 16.25% cross success rate.
Kevin Mirallas 6.09 with a 29.82% conversion rate.

Not good figures.

As for OPTA stats @chicoazul.

We made 12.7 shots on goal on average per game, with only 4.4 on target.

Leightion Baines makes on average 7.27 crosses per 90minutes, with only a 16.25% cross success rate.
Kevin Mirallas 6.09 with a 29.82% conversion rate.

Not good figures.

How can I provide analysis when you don't give me anything to compare against.

How about them figures in an excel spreadsheet versus the previous three years figures so I can compare y-o-y, also an extra column so I can compare against competitors in the same market position as us. Have we set a budget for these figures? Give me that too for comparison.

Sorry, but seriously... based on WHAT?

Our current board has MASSIVE flaws, but one thing they can't be accused of is selling off our players on the cheap - particularly in recent times.

Or are you still basing that ridiculous statement on the fact that we sold Rooney for cheaper than we should have more than A DECADE AGO?

This. £65m+ for Lescott, Fellaini and Rodwell isn't exactly getting ripped off.

How can I provide analysis when you don't give me anything to compare against.

How about them figures in an excel spreadsheet versus the previous three years figures so I can compare y-o-y, also an extra column so I can compare against competitors in the same market position as us. Have we set a budget for these figures? Give me that too for comparison.

Ok, it took me a while to format it correctly, but is this what you are looking for?

_67571807_152307239.jpg

Thanks mate, see my summary and actions below.

staypuft.jpg

Its an interesting way to look at it I suppose, but if Baines is gonna throw in 9 crosses a game, surely its better if Duncan or Jan was on the end, as these stats clearly highlight.

craig-fairbrass-403511l.jpg

Its an interesting way to look at it I suppose, but if Baines is gonna throw in 9 crosses a game, surely its better if Duncan or Jan was on the end, as these stats clearly highlight.

craig-fairbrass-403511l.jpg
I will concede it's a valid point but there service is just not sufficient enough to make a positive difference, and then we would lose the goals from the attributes Lukaku has which they don't - which I duly provide below.

3548731-Beached-Whale-0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back