Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Bent actually did. You just didn't factor in his January move to Aston Villa in 2011.

As for the rest, can't argue with Bellamy (much poorer record than I remember), but overall they seem to score at a similar rate to Lukaku when playing regularly, although I did specifically say ten goals, so fair play.

Old Demba Ba certainly knows where the net is. I thought he'd spent longer at Newcastle, though.
ha, completely missed that!

You never see other strikers goals getting analysed like Rom's are , by Blues.

You don't see Ronaldo's 5 against a whoever used as a stick to beat him with.

People are not excluding Austin's 2 yard tap ins, or Alan Shearer's/ Matt LeTissier's penalties !!

Yakubu's 22 goals are not pulled apart, pens' open nets, or goals when we lost, or goals when he was playing poor.

Saha scored half his 1 season tally against Blackpool.....but nobody goes on about that!!
A goal is a goal, nobody is taking that away.

Do you think he had a good season though ? Overall.

You can throw in the excuses about the supply and his mate passing but still however which way you look at it, he was actually bang average when you look more closely. His overall play was bang average, his control, his heading, his passing, his movement, his timing and more often than not he was very frustrating to watch in a large portion of that season; as was everyone else mind.

The whole season was a shambles and he wasn't the only key player who was poor. I want to see the player who i thought we were getting when we almost doubled our transfer record to get him. We saw it in very brief flashes in a few games after xmas. The stats don't tell the whole picture, i know what i saw with my own eyes and it was by and large a very frustrating watch.

I was absolutely made up when Lukaku signed but it needs to be said, he hasn't shown me the player i thought we were getting when i was excited back in August last year.

A goal is a goal, nobody is taking that away.

Do you think he had a good season though ? Overall.

You can throw in the excuses about the supply and his mate passing but still however which way you look at it, he was actually bang average when you look more closely. His overall play was bang average, his control, his heading, his passing, his movement, his timing and more often than not he was very frustrating to watch in a large portion of that season; as was everyone else mind.

The whole season was a shambles and he wasn't the only key player who was poor. I want to see the player who i thought we were getting when we almost doubled our transfer record to get him. We saw it in very brief flashes in a few games after xmas. The stats don't tell the whole picture, i know what i saw with my own eyes and it was by and large a very frustrating watch.

I was absolutely made up when Lukaku signed but it needs to be said, he hasn't shown me the player i thought we were getting when i was excited back in August last year.

...he scored 20.

My point is, NON of that other stuff you are talking about is talked about with other strikers, just the goals.

If United offered us £35m plus I think we should snap their hand off. I was delighted when we got him, but last season he was pretty dreadful. Appalling link up play, and less than ten league goals from open play. If he was just as bad this year his value would halve.

If United offered us £35m plus I think we should snap their hand off. I was delighted when we got him, but last season he was pretty dreadful. Appalling link up play, and less than ten league goals from open play. If he was just as bad this year his value would halve.
If united offered us 40 mill I would tell them to do one.
Who is going to come here with the potential of rom and score 20 goals a season.
We need to build our future around the likes of rom

Thought you were talking about Barkley!

So now pens don't count either?

So no European goals, no pens, no free kicks or corners count towards his goal tally.

No wonder you don't rate the lad, with those conditions shearer scored about 12 goals in his entire career.

2013/2014 PL

Goals For: 61
Goals Against: 39
Lukaku: 15 goals (0 pen) = 24.590% of our PL goals scored.
Lukaku: 6 assists = 34.426% of our PL goals created (goal or assist).

2014/2015 PL

Goals For: 48
Goals Against: 50
Lukaku: 10 goals (2 pen) = 20.8333% of our PL goals.
Lukaku: 5 assists = 31.25% of our PL goals created (goal or assist).

There was a definite drop in form, but it wasn't huge.

Clearly the bigger factor in this season's failures was defensive/goalkeeping errors.

2013/2014 PL

Goals For: 61
Goals Against: 39
Lukaku: 15 goals (0 pen) = 24.590% of our PL goals scored.
Lukaku: 6 assists = 34.426% of our PL goals created (goal or assist).

2014/2015 PL

Goals For: 48
Goals Against: 50
Lukaku: 10 goals (2 pen) = 20.8333% of our PL goals.
Lukaku: 5 assists = 31.25% of our PL goals created (goal or assist).

There was a definite drop in form, but it wasn't huge.

Clearly the bigger factor in this season's failures was defensive/goalkeeping errors.

Add the tactical genius of martinez playing s pub player who can't make a 2 yard pass in Naismith as the no10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back