Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people really think that if he was better at all the things that he is developing he would be at Everton?

Im not stupid, I knew that if he ever became "a player" he would be moving on, but for him to say it, when he cant even control a ball, the team is in almost freefall and he hasnt scored a goal for about 6 months, it stinks, it really, really stinks.

Im not stupid, I knew that if he ever became "a player" he would be moving on, but for him to say it, when he cant even control a ball, the team is in almost freefall and he hasnt scored a goal for about 6 months, it stinks, it really, really stinks.

ConcernDoge

I think you're over rating lukaku to be honest. Jelavic has 7 goals in 19 league games this season, rom has 7 in 24. He isn't playing very well.

I don't disagree mate. He's been playing plop.

But I can't think of anyone who'd be doing better in our system that sees a striker play weirdly.

Last season, he scored 1 goal from 30th November until 1st March.

It was after March he really got going.

That's encouraging. It could suggest he prospers against jaded teams as the season progresses.

Just looking at his WBA spell: he scored only 5 in the first half of the season with them, 12 in the second half (7 in the last 12 games).

Was starting to read this thread then stopped after I realised the amount of whoppers in here who think it is publicly ok to degrade our club mid season while we are on one of our worst runs that I can remember. All of which coming from a player that is showing no signs of improvement, and is In fact showing signs of going backwards.

You then have people telling us he is going to be world class and will be at a champions league team in the future.. How the hell do they know? I have seen nothing to suggest he can achieve that apart from his goals, which are drying up, declining, or staying even from previous seasons. There is absolutely no sign of progression in goal return or general all round ability, we have ourselves a 28M 6.3 carthorse who has an awful touch, does not make runs and just stands around, or trots like a dressage horse into marked areas. He is awful in the air and miss times his leap 9/10 times, his vision is none existent and his passing is not there. This is before I get started on his holdup play and back to goal.

So can someone please tell me why they believe he will be a champions league player?

It seems like every time there is the age excuse, he has that as a get our clause when he was 20, now again when he is 21, how about when he is 22 in a couple months? Considering he is showing no signs of improvement.

Whoa there, Hoss.

He can't be a "carthorse" and a "dressage horse", that most graceful of beasts, at one and the same time....:p

Is that 24 offsides per game?

In fairness to the offsides with the amount of times our players chew it before releasing a forward pass, it must be frustrating trying to time a run or create any space for yourself. I've noticed that he comes most alive when Barry gets the ball, as if he believes Barry is the only one who will actually try to pass to him. Lukaku has to resort to shuttle runs while the rest of the side seem to do their best to exclude him.

He has no chance at playing at a top top club thats why chelsea fcked him off,needs to sort his first touch out and stop being offside 20 times a game before coming out with crap like that,him and his mate mirallas will be playing in greek or Turkish football in no time with attitudes like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back