Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im not stupid, I knew that if he ever became "a player" he would be moving on, but for him to say it, when he cant even control a ball, the team is in almost freefall and he hasnt scored a goal for about 6 months, it stinks, it really, really stinks.

Even Jags alluded to in his post Chelski review that the strikers need to be converting their chances.
Still didn't make contact with the ball using his head in the first derby from 6yards, unforgivable

I'm amazed we have so many people who dislike him. He's the best striker we've had for a long time in terms of goals scored. Did anyone mention he's only 21 as well?

I don't remember this much negativity about him last season and if anything his all round game has improved since then. Is it the price tag?

Why do people get hung up on that? The 28m on Lukaku is like an investment. If he continues to score 15-20 goals a season for us, in 3 years he'll be what 24, with a shed load of goals to his name. Everton will have benefited from his goals and hopefully had some success as a result and you will always get clubs willing to pay good money for a goal scoring striker, no matter how many fans seem to dislike him. Tfr spending only seems to be going up as the money in football increases, we'll get 40-50m for him I reckon when he does go.

so......which one is it mate?
17 WBA
15 for us
7 this season although at-least half are miss hits, people might say a goal is a goal, however, it is always nice to know the player meant it.

Can't see him getting 12 this season never mind going beyond 15, which would show a decline every season.

I'm amazed we have so many people who dislike him. He's the best striker we've had for a long time in terms of goals scored. Did anyone mention he's only 21 as well?

I don't remember this much negativity about him last season and if anything his all round game has improved since then. Is it the price tag?

Why do people get hung up on that? The 28m on Lukaku is like an investment. If he continues to score 15-20 goals a season for us, in 3 years he'll be what 24, with a shed load of goals to his name. Everton will have benefited from his goals and hopefully had some success as a result and you will always get clubs willing to pay good money for a goal scoring striker, no matter how many fans seem to dislike him. Tfr spending only seems to be going up as the money in football increases, we'll get 40-50m for him I reckon when he does go.

Hes scored less goals than Jelavic this season.

Could have worded his comments better but is it really a big deal?

Because rest assured we should have no fears about a 'top club' coming in for him at the moment.

I wonder who he means by "top club" As you say we have no fears as even spurs wouldn't be interested in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back