Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few other clubs were in for him mate, certainly ones in better positions [but maybe not leagues] than us.

He wanted to come to us, and that's what it came down to, who he wanted to come to. Loves the club and the fans, just shouldn't have given a interview in which he would be exploited.

yeah, tbf i'm not that bothered by his comments. they are disrespectful of course, but i'm sure when he signed he sounded similar i.e. everton is the best club for me at this point in my career.

you look at the players his goalscoring puts him above and i was under no disillusions that he almost certainly won't spend his whole career here and probably not his peak years either. i was willing to accept that when he signed tbh, he just needs to keep his mouth shut from now on. at least he's a young lad interested in taking a step down to play regular footy and improve his game instead of happy to be sat on a bench picking up wages.

we have to face facts that we have an unambitious board and haven't won anything. basically, start doing those things and he won't need to start looking upwards.

Last night the play suited him right down to the ground. There were crosses for him to get on the end of, passes for him to run onto, this what has been lacking for him, SERVICE.

Last night if he had not been so eager could easily have had 5, just a bit too keen.
Oviedo crosse were great last night for Lukarku. GarbUtt set up a great one too!

Actually Juventus were interested in him and he was thinking about that because Torina was interested in his little brother, and then they could both play and live in the same city. But then he chose for us.
Lukaku confirmed that this wk

He's flying up our table of Premier League goalscorers at a rapid pace

QCZ9iJo.jpg

yeah, tbf i'm not that bothered by his comments. they are disrespectful of course, but i'm sure when he signed he sounded similar i.e. everton is the best club for me at this point in my career.

you look at the players his goalscoring puts him above and i was under no disillusions that he almost certainly won't spend his whole career here and probably not his peak years either. i was willing to accept that when he signed tbh, he just needs to keep his mouth shut from now on. at least he's a young lad interested in taking a step down to play regular footy and improve his game instead of happy to be sat on a bench picking up wages.

we have to face facts that we have an unambitious board and haven't won anything. basically, start doing those things and he won't need to start looking upwards.

Problem is that takes much more time than what he will spend here. A top club should also be able to pay top wages to attract world class players.

He's flying up our table of Premier League goalscorers at a rapid pace

QCZ9iJo.jpg

Jesus he is well on course of being top by the the time he is 24/25. I don't know if I am thrilled or embarrassed. It's a good target for him to strive for though. Wonder if he is aware of it?

Id love to win the Europa. I think the idea of being a legend in a trophy winning team and era might get us a few more years out of Lukaku. It could attractive big investment also.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back