Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
29 goals in 59 games for Everton after last night. At the age of 21 averaging a goal every other game and still people wonder if he's the real thing?

If he stays fit he will be in the top 10 goal scorers in European football over the next decade.

In 67 games I think.

Nevertheless his record is incredible. Everyone treats him like he's 28 but he's still a young player. A 1 in 4 record is good for such a young striker, so Rom is doing brilliantly.

He has flaws to his game but he's his own biggest critic. He's had so little service this season but has still managed a 1 in 3 ish record. And when we actually create chances for him, he bags a hat trick.

He's the most clinical finisher we've had in my time as a fan. Throw in his strength and pace, and when you actually play to his strengths you have a beast.

Dean 383
Sharp 159
Latchford 138
Sandy Young 125
Joe Royle 119
Roy Vernon 111
Dave Hickson 111
Chadwick 110
Cottee 99
Settle 97
Sheedy 97

When you consider that list, 99 goals from Tony Cottee was some going as Sharpie, Big Joe RVP, Sheeds etc all played in title winning teams... Dean was a phenomenon and the Latch had Davy Thomas crossing to him for fun.

When you consider that list, 99 goals from Tony Cottee was some going as Sharpie, Big Joe RVP, Sheeds etc all played in title winning teams... Dean was a phenomenon and the Latch had Davy Thomas crossing to him for fun.

Good point, Cottee's goals per game ratio for Everton is identical to Latchford's (0.48 goals per game)

Football begin in '93 lads? Come on ffs

Yeah it's very disrespectful to history this premier league lark. But to Say Lukaku has more tha. Yakubu, Saha, Arteta, Cottee already is very impressive. It's a disgrace the abuse the kid gets. People who don't want him don't deserve a successful football team. I genuinely believe they forget how old he is.

Yeah it's very disrespectful to history this premier league lark. But to Say Lukaku has more tha. Yakubu, Saha, Arteta, Cottee already is very impressive. It's a disgrace the abuse the kid gets. People who don't want him don't deserve a successful football team. I genuinely believe they forget how old he is.
I agree. Some will only realise just how good this lad is when he's long gone.

Whole heartedly agree. I see it as another example of Evertonian's only working at polar opposites: either he has to be amazing or he's awful.

That simply isn't the case. He isn't without flaws and during some games his effort has been questionable, but overall his goal return is high.

Combine that will the fact that for large swathes of this season (and aspects of last) we haven't really played to his style. He's had to adapt.

With age and more game time, Rom will continue to refine his skills and maturity will improve. How many 21 year olds lead the line?

Not many... still his goal rate is good. There's still a long way to go, and he has to develop areas of his game, yet he can be a great with time.

He's not perfect, however if he wasn't scoring I'd be more inclined to question those aspects. As he is, I think people are being overly harsh.

He seems to have acquired that marmite thing were you either really like him or really dislike him. Another thing about him is that people always say "he is only 21" and then slate him for his indiscretions. Truth is he is an exceptional talent who needs to be nurtured. He is scoring goals and if we continue to play to his strengths he will continue to develop into a top striker. He misses his fair share of chances but this is because he is still young. I can understand he is disappointed with the team this year and being young he has said something he shouldn't have. He is one of our biggest assets and should be supported.

I can understand he is disappointed with the team this year and being young he has said something he shouldn't have.
Exactly. I'd me more worried if he wasn't concerned about our performances this season. He wants to be the best; this season we're not.

What he will hopefully realise later in his career is that this season has probably developed him in lots of different ways: tenacity; work ethic et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back