Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really is a nonsense debate - yes, he hasnt played as well as he did last season but he still scoring at a rate of one goal in two and a bit games. He is 21.

Some of with the rosy necks think its Alabama 1859.

So sad to see.
Whether you're jesting or not, I've heard a lot of people spout similar rhetoric a few times. A lot of people talked about Victor in a similar way.

Generally I disagree that it's the main underlying reason, or any factor at all, rather our fans are somewhat overly critical of our young strikers.

Nevertheless, I do believe that think it exists in the consciousness of some of our fans. Some overtly, some in peoples subconsciousness.

For a period of time I was a critic of Victor as I perceived him to be lazy, although he did improve this element of his play in the last season.

Someone mentioned that I was falling into the stereotypical view: implying some form of racism. I disagreed; I just thought he was lethargic.

When he improved I was happy to admit his improvement, yet I found people still labelling him with this stigma.

Then I thought... maybe for some it wasn't his laziness, rather what you're implying.

It's hard to deduce people's reasons. Overly critical of our strikers or purely some pathetic racial stereotype?

Hes the most exciting player we've had since Kanchelskis, im not arsed he wants to play for a 'top' club, showing ambition & we're currently not a top club. It's not rocket science if he plays well and helps us to win things the ' top clubs' will come looking for him.

Whether you're jesting or not, I've heard a lot of people spout similar rhetoric a few times. A lot of people talked about Victor in a similar way.

Generally I disagree that it's the main underlying reason, or any factor at all, rather our fans are somewhat overly critical of our young strikers.

Nevertheless, I do believe that think it exists in the consciousness of some of our fans. Some overtly, some in peoples subconsciousness.

For a period of time I was a critic of Victor as I perceived him to be lazy, although he did improve this element of his play in the last season.

Someone mentioned that I was falling into the stereotypical view: implying some form of racism. I disagreed; I just thought he was lethargic.

When he improved I was happy to admit his improvement, yet I found people still labelling him with this stigma.

Then I thought... maybe for some it wasn't his laziness, rather what you're implying.

It's hard to deduce people's reasons. Overly critical of our strikers or purely some pathetic racial stereotype?

People still yearn for James Vaughn, the 'proper blue'. should've kept him they said.

Hes the most exciting player we've had since Kanchelskis, im not arsed he wants to play for a 'top' club, showing ambition & we're currently not a top club. It's not rocket science if he plays well and helps us to win things the ' top clubs' will come looking for him.
LAR HE'S NOT BLUE THO IS HE WE MUST SACK HIM INSTANTLY CASH IN WHILE WE CAN

Everytine he's played well this season he normally has a bit of a stinker in the next game. Same with the whole team really so hopefully that stops and we hammer Leicester tmro!

This really is a nonsense debate - yes, he hasnt played as well as he did last season but he still scoring at a rate of one goal in two and a bit games. He is 21.

Its true this, people make excuse for Barkley having a poor game, "he is young", "Roberto is "playing him out of position", and the classic "Its Naismith's fault!!" but Lukaku is also young and also stuck out towards to wing for some stupid reason but people conveniently forget this.

Saying that he is lazy and does take too long to get back on side lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back