Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its true this, people make excuse for Barkley having a poor game, "he is young", "Roberto is "playing him out of position", and the classic "Its Naismith's fault!!" but Lukaku is also young and also stuck out towards to wing for some stupid reason but people conveniently forget this.

Saying that he is lazy and does take too long to get back on side lol

It's because these muppets can't get past his price tag...they simply need to build a bridge and get over it

Reactions: DRM
For a period of time I was a critic of Victor as I perceived him to be lazy, although he did improve this element of his play in the last season.
Someone mentioned that I was falling into the stereotypical view: implying some form of racism. I disagreed; I just thought he was lethargic.

When he improved I was happy to admit his improvement, yet I found people still labelling him with this stigma.

Then I thought... maybe for some it wasn't his laziness, rather what you're implying.

It's hard to deduce people's reasons. Overly critical of our strikers or purely some pathetic racial stereotype?

It's right that. The word lazy is just a code word for you know what.

AJ would chase every ball, he would hunt those corner flags like a true pro. AJ was white, in case you didnt realise.
Marcus Bent was the same, chase every ball, Marcus was bleck.

Lukaku at times I consider lazy, not in the sense that he doesnt work hard, he does, but he doesnt chase them corner flags like AJ.

Maybe its a European thing.

Lukaku puts the round thing in the square thing tho, thats all that really matters at the end of the day.

Its like 1912 New York in here tho.

AJ would chase every ball, he would hunt those corner flags like a true pro. AJ was white, in case you didnt realise.
Marcus Bent was the same, chase every ball, Marcus was bleck.

Lukaku at times I consider lazy, not in the sense that he doesnt work hard, he does, but he doesnt chase them corner flags like AJ.

Maybe its a European thing.

Lukaku puts the round thing in the square thing tho, thats all that really matters at the end of the day.

Its like 1912 New York in here tho.

Straq chased everything like a mad dog too...doesn't mean he's any good.

AJ was meh...Bent was meh

People often over complicate the whole role of a player: especially strikers. Pure and simple, a striker's primary role is to score goals.

If they're scoring goals then it is difficult to question their influence. Maybe you'd like them to do more in other areas, but that's less important.

On the other hand, if they're not scoring then you have the right to question other aspects: maybe they should work harder; move more et al.

Lukaku hasn't been perfect this season on a number of occasions and he's still scored. Really that merits some level of praise.

If he improved other aspects of his play then arguably he could score more, yet that's another point entirely and opens another discussion.

I remember arguing with a Kopite about Ruud van Nistelrooy. He proclaimed that he was, 'lazy, hardly moved from the box and didn't contribute'.

I pointed out he scored nearly 100 goals in 150 games; stats of just over 0.6 goals per game. He may stand around a lot, but he scores.

He didn't seem to understand the point I was putting a cross... maybe he was stuck in Emile Heskey contribution mode.

Me and my mate met AJ on his walk up to dat der Wembley in 09, his little lad was in full Everton kit and he was a cracking fella, he got mobbed when we got closer to the ground, but he still gave us a "bye lads" before the crowd swallowed him.

People often over complicate the whole role of a player: especially strikers. Pure and simple, a striker's primary role is to score goals.

If they're scoring goals then it is difficult to question their influence. Maybe you'd like them to do more in other areas, but that's less important.

On the other hand, if they're not scoring then you have the right to question other aspects: maybe they should work harder; move more et al.

Lukaku hasn't been perfect this season on a number of occasions and he's still scored. Really that merits some level of praise.

I remember arguing with a Kopite about Ruud van Nistelrooy. He proclaimed that he was, 'lazy, hardly moved from the box and didn't contribute'.

I pointed out he scored nearly 100 goals in 150 games; stats of just over 0.6 goals per game. He may stand around a lot, but he scores.

He didn't seem to understand the point I was putting a cross...

I agree, to a degree, but then you have strikers like Costa, he scores goals and he puts himself about, I wish Lukaku was more like Costa, but Costas like what 28?

Lukaku doesnt help himself with his trampoline shins, which leads people to question his "talent", but honestly, people really do forget hes still only 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back