Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny Lukaku's Europa league record is so good, did his teammates only preserve their creativity for that competition and not the league as well?

A good striker should also be able to create his chances. You can't simply put all the blame on his teammates and absolve him of his poor performances.

Regardless of how you slice it, 8 goals in 30 PL matches for 26 odd million is not good enough. That was first and foremost the competition he was bought to score goals in.
No. In Europe teams are allowed more time and space on the ball to express themselves and that is the type of team RM is trying to build. In the EPL no time and space is afforded therefore adjustment is needed and that is something we haven't adjusted to. We need to be quicker on the ball and in the mind and that has failed us this season. Lukaku looks a better player with someone alongside him like Kone. It frees him up a bit more and allows him that little more space. We have had too many out of sorts players this season who are not quick in mind thus nothing being created. Lukaku has recently been creative and scoring in the league only because he has that bit more space.

@james baldwin if you could swap Lukaku for say Origi would you?..
Origi this season has been considered pretty underwhelming for Lille, but even he has a better goals to games ratio than Rom. Still, I don't consider him an upgrade at all. Yes, he has quicker feet and is better technically, but I don't believe he's better than Lukaku.

Sticking with a Belgian theme, Batshuayi I will , definitely. and Benteke too. Benteke is simply a better all round player.

No. In Europe teams are allowed more time and space on the ball to express themselves and that is the type of team RM is trying to build. In the EPL no time and space is afforded therefore adjustment is needed and that is something we haven't adjusted to. We need to be quicker on the ball and in the mind and that has failed us this season. Lukaku looks a better player with someone alongside him like Kone. It frees him up a bit more and allows him that little more space. We have had too many out of sorts players this season who are not quick in mind thus nothing being created. Lukaku has recently been creative and scoring in the league only because he has that bit more space.
You're preaching to the choir here.

Its funny Lukaku's Europa league record is so good, did his teammates only preserve their creativity for that competition and not the league as well?

A good striker should also be able to create his chances. You can't simply put all the blame on his teammates and absolve him of his poor performances.

Regardless of how you slice it, 8 goals in 30 PL matches for 26 odd million is not good enough. That was first and foremost the competition he was bought to score goals in.

Why is the transfer fee relevant? He will probably cost us a similar amount as Arouna Kone overall.

Retarded? Don't.....
Origi this season has been considered pretty underwhelming for Lille, but even he has a better goals to games ratio than Rom. Still, I don't consider him an upgrade at all. Yes, he has quicker feet and is better technically, but I don't believe he's better than Lukaku.

Sticking with a Belgian theme, Batshuayi I will , definitely. and Benteke too. Benteke is simply a better all round player.
HAHAHA you stupid brah?

Origis scored about 5 goals all season and is constantly roundly booed by his own fans

Never did. But there are teams with far worse players than Everton who have prolific strikers.

There is. But you can't say that he's missing glorious chances week in week out.

I don't think anyone would say he's been utterly amazing this season. He hasn't. But neither has anyone else. The whole team has been abysmal. I just don't see the point in picking on one player (except Howard). It's also not his fault he cost that much.

People need to remember he's only 21/22 as well. Yes Harry Kane is slotting for fun at the same age, but people will wise up to him as we've seen before.

Origi 361 mins/goal
Benteke 285 mins/goal
Lukaku 182 mins/goal

go figure

Do you reckon Lukaku is lazy mate?
Laziness is not his problem. He just fails to apply his athletic gifts
HAHAHA you retarded brah?

HAHAHA you retarded brah?

Origis scored about 5 goals all season and is constantly roundly booed by his own fans
6 goals in the league, with less starts than Lukaku. Maybe English is not your strong point because I never typed Origi was better this season. Fact, I made it clear he wasn't.

We all know Lukaku has a limited game in many respects, but I think anyone would be stupid to say that his finishing isn't great. Give him a good chance in front of him and there's a very good chance he'll put it away.

If our wingers and creative players were good at supplying chances this season then Lukaku would have scored a lot more. Wether you put our creative players being poor down to bad tactics, management, inexperience, etc is down to opinion but I think the bulk of the blame should lay on our manager\creative players for not giving Lukaku enough chances. He needs to work on other parts of his game badly, yes, but lack of good supply is the main reason he's not done well this season, not poor finishing.

If Lukaku improves on the weaker parts of his game he'll become a top drawer stiker. If he doesn't he'll still be a really good\dangerous striker, providing he's given good supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back