Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because he was done after an injury suffered at the beginning of his second season.
Aye fair point. Pre injury Yakubu and Lukaku have similar records. The only difference being the age of Lukaku. If he continues to improve he will be better than Yakubu.

They have different strengths. I worry about Lukaku developing properly under <Martinez though, I am also worried he doesn't suit our style. Having said that his goalscoring record is very good. I think he was the 4th highest scorer in all competitions in England this season.

Yakubu was at his peak when he played for us, prior to his injury, he was amazing.

Lukaku is probably on a par, but has another 6 years before he reaches his peak, sadly tho, if he keeps adopting this crappy attitude, he will never became the player he should.

When Emile Heskey first burst on the scene, I always thought he would turn into an amazing player, he had all the tools needed to be a real player, sadly he never even came close.

The only bad thing I've got to say about The Yak is that it was financing his signing that left BK in Phil Green's clutches

We'll be left with no decent players left soon it's what happens when you hire a manager who's done nothing in his managerial career other than fluke a pot, took us to midtable with a top 7 squad and now say goodbye to genuine quality players.

People think we can replace them with the likes of Dzeko and Konoplyanka? Lol more like Cleverly and Moses

We'll be left with no decent players left soon it's what happens when you hire a manager who's done nothing in his managerial career other than fluke a pot, took us to midtable with a top 7 squad and now say goodbye to genuine quality players.

People think we can replace them with the likes of Dzeko and Konoplyanka? Lol more like Cleverly and Moses

The manager was the one who brought lukaku and McCarthy, lukaku was always mouthing off even at chelsea

Couple of points on this situation

I cant work out if I rate Rom or not but Rom has been playing first team football since he was 16 (Benteke on the other hand who is 24 has been playing first team football since he was 19). Now he may be young in age but not in experience. This season will be his 5th full premier league season (4 if you don't count his 1 at Chelsea barely playing).
Would you call him potential? Also considering players who tend to start earlier careers peak earlier, will Rom improve much?

I was buzzing when we first signed him and have stook up for him several times through bad spells and bad patches but once we went out of Europe his work rate (which iv never thought has been top notch) slumped massively.
If its not put on a plate for him or it hasent sat up well for him he isn't interested.
Don't get me wrong I don't think he has been used properly or to his strengths but if he keeps saying he wants to start playing in the big matches than he needs to show up more often than in the big games.

A few goals vrs a swiss team & a couple of penaltys dosent warrant a move to a big team in my opinion.

Saying that if we could get 35- 40 mil (which I doubt anyone would be willing to pay(. Id sell and re invest

Couple of points on this situation

I cant work out if I rate Rom or not but Rom has been playing first team football since he was 16 (Benteke on the other hand who is 24 has been playing first team football since he was 19). Now he may be young in age but not in experience. This season will be his 5th full premier league season (4 if you don't count his 1 at Chelsea barely playing).
Would you call him potential? Also considering players who tend to start earlier careers peak earlier, will Rom improve much?

I was buzzing when we first signed him and have stook up for him several times through bad spells and bad patches but once we went out of Europe his work rate (which iv never thought has been top notch) slumped massively.
If its not put on a plate for him or it hasent sat up well for him he isn't interested.
Don't get me wrong I don't think he has been used properly or to his strengths but if he keeps saying he wants to start playing in the big matches than he needs to show up more often than in the big games.

A few goals vrs a swiss team & a couple of penaltys dosent warrant a move to a big team in my opinion.

Saying that if we could get 35- 40 mil (which I doubt anyone would be willing to pay(. Id sell and re invest

I like this post. Particularly about the fact that a player entering their 5th season is rapidly exiting the 'potential' stage and entering the 'realised' stage.

I think giving our on-going financial position (in relation to the Sky 4/5) this type of newspaper reporting of our "top players" comments,is something we'll just have to get used to.

I think giving our on-going financial position (in relation to the Sky 4/5) this type of newspaper reporting of our "top players" comments,is something we'll just have to get used to.

We should be well used to it by now

We had had this kind if crap since Rooney came on the scene and there has been no let up since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back