Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I haven't heard the detail of this but saw a snippet on Sky. To be honest, I'm not too concerned and can't see him going anywhere soon. He's what we needed and is only a season into his contract so I don't think anybody will be pushing him out of the door unless silly money is offered.

We should be well used to it by now

We had had this kind if crap since Rooney came on the scene and there has been no let up since.

Yeah, its nice the last couple of years Southampton have emerged. Papers have enjoyed pimping their players out too (last year lallana, shaw, loveren, chambers etc.
This year it is clyne, fonte, wanayama, sneiderlin.

Papers love linking the remaining players in the prem to the 'BIG 5'.

ie 'this is as good as it gets' stage.

Yip, that is what I think.

Big, precocious youngsters tend to stop developing early and they are at their full potential at a very young age.

Norman Whiteside is one example.

Joe Royle never improved much, if any, after his 21st birthday.

Andy Carroll would be another.

You find injuries tend to affect them more.......certainly in the case of those three.....as the frame settles down.

I have this feeling Rom is at his physical peak now but hasn't the wit to realise it himself nor the advisers to tell him to shut up and make the most of the fantastic opportunity he has right now rather than keep looking for jam tomorrow.

...I haven't heard the detail of this but saw a snippet on Sky. To be honest, I'm not too concerned and can't see him going anywhere soon. He's what we needed and is only a season into his contract so I don't think anybody will be pushing him out of the door unless silly money is offered.
If the Sky piece is all that anybody is basing anything on,it was something and nothing,he appeared to just be answering a question about Benteke's comments.

Has he been sold yet?

Don't know why people get wound up every few months by something he is supposed to have said, happened before will again. Just remember the goals.

The way i equate Rom is kind of like a lass that is dating you but you know is out of your league. Youre happy she is with you and you are smashing it very nicely. Problem is, when she goes out with her friends you hear stories how she acts like a bit of a tit and openly flirts with guys who are better looking and you are left feeling annoyed and a bit deflated so you try to act big and point out her flaws and....

wait, what was this about again?

The way i equate Rom is kind of like a lass that is dating you but you know is out of your league. Youre happy she is with you and you are smashing it very nicely. Problem is, when she goes out with her friends you hear stories how she acts like a bit of a tit and openly flirts with guys who are better looking and you are left feeling annoyed and a bit deflated so you try to act big and point out her flaws and....

wait, what was this about again?
Haha, that's amazing. Spot on too although Rom probably thinks he's a 10 when actually he's a 7/8

Yeah, its nice the last couple of years Southampton have emerged. Papers have enjoyed pimping their players out too (last year lallana, shaw, loveren, chambers etc.
This year it is clyne, fonte, wanayama, sneiderlin.

Papers love linking the remaining players in the prem to the 'BIG 5'.
How come the big four becomes the big 5 when the RS drop out of the top four ? Why dont they call it the big 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back