Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No - I just don't agree with your argument.

I think every player is different. I'm not sure either how much Rom is going to improve but players like Drogba didn't really fulfill their potential till their mid twenties. You can't say what's going to happen. What you can say is he's just turned 22 which means he has 10 years at his peak and he's already and probably will continue to be a 15-20 goal a season player.

Even if he doesn't improve in a couple of years we won't have lost any money but we will have had a top class striker in that time. If he does improve then money in the bank.

There's a big difference between Rom and even someone like Barkley or Deulofeu. It's not just potential. He's performing at a high standard already.

So do you want him to force a move or don't you, Ad?

You can't have it both ways.

I'm suprised at how shocked some of our fans get when they see things like this in the papers. For a start, we aren't popular in the media due to various reasons. Part of it is because there are a lot of Kopites in the media so they love a chance to put us down, and another is because they think of their target audience to sell papers. A lot of modern fans of other clubs don't see Everton as one of the big clubs, so will always think someone like Lukaku is wasting his time here.

Moving on to Lukaku himself. He has a big mouth, and he's got some maturing to do on and off the field. He isn't the complete player he thinks he is yet, and the top club aren't in for him, otherwise he wouldn't be at Everton. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with him having ambition and it would say a lot about him if he was content with 11th placed finishes at Everton when he has the potential to be playing in the Champions League year in year out in a few seasons.

He just needs to learn to show a bit more respect to the club when he does speak to the press, but i'm sure a lot of it is twisted to sell papers anyway.

Personally I think the fans who slate him will be livid in a few years when he's banging them in for a title winning team because he will inevitably go on to play for one of the Champions League clubs. I can't blame him, but would like to see him give us a couple of seasons.

I'm suprised at how shocked some of our fans get when they see things like this in the papers. For a start, we aren't popular in the media due to various reasons. Part of it is because there are a lot of Kopites in the media so they love a chance to put us down, and another is because they think of their target audience to sell papers. A lot of modern fans of other clubs don't see Everton as one of the big clubs, so will always think someone like Lukaku is wasting his time here.

Moving on to Lukaku himself. He has a big mouth, and he's got some maturing to do on and off the field. He isn't the complete player he thinks he is yet, and the top club aren't in for him, otherwise he wouldn't be at Everton. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with him having ambition and it would say a lot about him if he was content with 11th placed finishes at Everton when he has the potential to be playing in the Champions League year in year out in a few seasons.

He just needs to learn to show a bit more respect to the club when he does speak to the press, but i'm sure a lot of it is twisted to sell papers anyway.

Personally I think the fans who slate him will be livid in a few years when he's banging them in for a title winning team because he will inevitably go on to play for one of the Champions League clubs. I can't blame him, but would like to see him give us a couple of seasons.
Exactly and when he does go I hope he leaves with our best wishes but that's down to him.

The first word I said was "No".

So off course I don't want him to force a move away.

Oh sorry, Ad.....I misinterpreted your first post when you expressed surprise at me wanting him to realise the great opportunity he had of making a name for himself at Everton in the here and now.

He would be mad to force a move away from here because we are prepared to bide with him and give him time to see if he can develop into the kind of player we would like him to be.

Because as sure as shooting, if he moved somewhere for north of £30 million to a team whose fans demanded quick fire results and continued to distribute and lay off the ball the way he does here then they would soon be on his back.

It is a stroke of unbelieveable good luck for Romelu Lukaku that a boy of such potential, but as yet far from realised potential, has changed hands for such an enormous transfer fee and draws down a small fortune every week with so little criticism of his end product.

He really needs to STFU, get his head down and start become the battering ram we want him to be to take us back up the table and to cup finals.

This word "prospect" again.

Come back and make the case for Rom being better than The Yak when that potential is converted into real results on the pitch.

And anyone who has watched The Yak and Rom for us knows from the evidence of their own eyes The Yak was way better in an Everton shirt.

Though to be fair you do admit The Yak is the best striker you have seen at EFC.

Yak first season, definitely the best. Yakubu after that?genuinely bad to the point that it was upsetting. Lukaku meanwhile has had a terrific first season and an average (arguably good considering the lack of service) second season.

I think people really are suffering from the rose tinted glasses here; you have to consider the whole time the player was at the club, and we were ultimately happy to get him off the books. most people were cursing moyes for not selling him sooner for 4m to west ham if I recall rightly!

Wolfsburg has money and CL. Club wich stature is on steep rise.

Rom was quite close to sign with them last summer.
Defo a chance there cause they really wanted him.

£35-38m ....mmmmkay

Wolfsburg has money and CL. Club wich stature is on steep rise.

Rom was quite close to sign with them last summer.
Defo a chance there cause they really wanted him.

£35-38m ....mmmmkay

He won't go to Wolfsburg because they're not a big enough club. We have our "place" in the hierarchy according to certain sections of the media and fans of other clubs but unless it's Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund, he wouldn't leave us for a German club. I feel pretty confident in saying that.

He won't go to Wolfsburg because they're not a big enough club. We have our "place" in the hierarchy according to certain sections of the media and fans of other clubs but unless it's Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund, he wouldn't leave us for a German club. I feel pretty confident in saying that.

Wolfsburg are by far a bigger club than us.

Ive lost confidence on Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back