Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfsburg are by far a bigger club than us.

Maybe now, but who where the first club to:

construct a purpose built football stadium

have a four-sided stadium with two tier stands

have a player score 60 league goals

wear numbered shirts from 1-11

install dugouts

install undersoil heating.....

EVERTON

I wish we had a board who cared about our club and actually invested and made us compete again. Maybe one day

*logs off and has a little winge

Wolfsburg are not Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Roma or Ajax are they? lol They're a much smaller club than Man City were when they got the money with less honours.

They've won a single league title and one cup, and play in a 30,000 seater stadium in a boring town.

He won't go there.

Wolfsburg are not Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Roma or Ajax are they? lol They're a much smaller club than Man City were when they got the money with less honours.

They've won a single league title and one cup, and play in a 30,000 seater stadium in a boring town.

He won't go there.

Ajax??

No further questions your honour.

He won't go there.
Have the backing of fn VOLKSWAGEN, have a seriously talented squad and an owner who has said they want to challenge Bayern.

One board is looking to win the title, one board is looking for a handout to MAYBE one day THINK about a stadium.

Have the backing of fn VOLKSWAGEN, have a seriously talented squad and an owner who has said they want to challenge Bayern.

One board is looking to win the title, one board is looking for a handout to MAYBE one day THINK about a stadium.
lol mate they signed bendtner :lol:

He won't go there.
With all due respect mate, I think you are living in the past. The only factor that matters is Champions League football and money these days. Wolfsburg will overtake us if they keep investing in their squad and qualifying.

Stop it lads. They have more suck atm cause of CL. Thats simple.

No need to argue wich team is 'bigger' cause they practically dont have s*** on us.

With all due respect mate, I think you are living in the past. The only factor that matters is Champions League football and money these days. Wolfsburg will overtake us if they keep investing in their squad and qualifying.

Maybe I am but I still don't think he'll go there, and they aren't a bigger club than us. The big club debate can get boring though and I know we have been lacking in success for ages now.

My point is this. The best leagues are England, Spain and Germany. There are popular clubs in those countries and Wolfsburg aren't one of them. I don't think Lukaku would leave the Premier League to go to a club like Wolfsburg. I think he'll be looking at a Juventus, Man United, Atletico Madrid type club and not Wolfsburg.

If Wolfsburg are the only ones interested when it comes down to it, can they afford 40-45m for him? Can't see us giving him away for £30m with so many years left on his contract.

Maybe I am but I still don't think he'll go there, and they aren't a bigger club than us. The big club debate can get boring though and I know we have been lacking in success for ages now.

My point is this. The best leagues are England, Spain and Germany. There are popular clubs in those countries and Wolfsburg aren't one of them. I don't think Lukaku would leave the Premier League to go to a club like Wolfsburg. I think he'll be looking at a Juventus, Man United, Atletico Madrid type club and not Wolfsburg.

If Wolfsburg are the only ones interested when it comes down to it, can they afford 40-45m for him? Can't see us giving him away for £30m with so many years left on his contract.
Those clubs won't pay 30mill plus for Lukaku next Summer if he has a similar season as this. Wolfsburg qualifying for the CL again next season may.
No way are we getting 40-45 mill for him.

With four years left on his contract, it's very unlikely that he'll get a big move anytime soon.

He's got another two years here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back