Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get a decent creative midfielder that can feed him, I don't see any reason why he can't score that many. Overall, it's only an increase of 5 goals in total from this season

Quite agree it could come better but remember there will be fewer games this season, no Europa to get the extra goals. But good luck to him for our sakes.

I'm sure I echo what all Everton fans will hopefully be saying, I just want him to score as many as he possibly can.

If he's scoring goals, hopefully that means the team is doing well too

think it's more he doesn't have the players rather than the brains hence trying to rectify it this summer.

it's all very well saying play neat little through balls to match his runs, but not everyone can actually spot it or play the pass, it's not really an english thing that is taught.

I agree mate but he should of made that type of signing a year ago, should of been his top priority and i have a sneeky feeling he'll not make that signing this summer niether

I agree mate but he should of made that type of signing a year ago, should of been his top priority and i have a sneeky feeling he'll not make that signing this summer niether

in hindsight yes, but we score plenty of goals the season before. we thought we had barkley to play their all season and also naismith as backup to provide goals. osman to a point as well. buying a 20 goal striker was the biggest priority without doubt.

Yeah, its nice the last couple of years Southampton have emerged. Papers have enjoyed pimping their players out too (last year lallana, shaw, loveren, chambers etc.
This year it is clyne, fonte, wanayama, sneiderlin.

Papers love linking the remaining players in the prem to the 'BIG 5'.

Love it when you see our fan base complaining about the big 5 or the sky 5. We created it, just annoyed it's not us, not any actual unfairness

I want him gone. Not half as good as he thinks he is.

crazy-talk.gif

I want him gone. Not half as good as he thinks he is.

Baffled by this comment, unless its a wind up.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but he scored 20 this season just gone - the first time we've had a 20-goal striker since the Yak's first season. Rom's just turned 22. And you want him gone? Because he said he wants to win trophies (before clearly stating he has no desire at all to leave Everton). We've got one of the brightest prospects in Europe leading our line. At Everton - a club that hasn't been at the pinnacle of the game (rightly or wrongly) for the better part of 30 years. What do fans expect? That we'll sell Rom and be able to go and buy Higuain? He's the best we'll get for where we are right now. Yes, he didnt have the greatest of seasons, but again, still reached the 20 mark. Okay, so his league tally (10) was disappointing, but then again we were pretty dross for most of the league campaign anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back