Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gr
Baffled by this comment, unless its a wind up.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but he scored 20 this season just gone - the first time we've had a 20-goal striker since the Yak's first season. Rom's just turned 22. And you want him gone? Because he said he wants to win trophies (before clearly stating he has no desire at all to leave Everton). We've got one of the brightest prospects in Europe leading our line. At Everton - a club that hasn't been at the pinnacle of the game (rightly or wrongly) for the better part of 30 years. What do fans expect? That we'll sell Rom and be able to go and buy Higuain? He's the best we'll get for where we are right now. Yes, he didnt have the greatest of seasons, but again, still reached the 20 mark. Okay, so his league tally (10) was disappointing, but then again we were pretty dross for most of the league campaign anyway.
He scored
20 in all comps as a lone striker for one of the best Everton teams I can remember, only getting to tht ratio by nocking about five in against some no marks in the Europa league and taking the penalties from the best
Penatly taker in the league.

He done better at West Brom at 19/20

@orly

Negatron is needed.
negged_gif_13597363.gif

You'd think so like but apparently not - no idea how they did it like.

His own fault. Kopite tit.

Oh...lucky fella...the other one in the buss is grounded meat, though

if you watch closely you'll see him get back up and walk to the back of the bus, has a red thing in his hand.

Loon.

Also the 'prisoners' actually sneak on the other side of the bus.

On topic lads, there will not be another request.

Gr
He scored
20 in all comps as a lone striker for one of the best Everton teams I can remember, only getting to tht ratio by nocking about five in against some no marks in the Europa league and taking the penalties from the best

One of the best Everton teams, who ironically consistently played possibly the worst football since Walter Smith

The first half of the 2011/12 season was real dross, until he signed Jelavic in January and Pienaar came back on loan. Lots of poor displays and drab results.

But generally speaking, Moyes' teams played some fantastic stuff at times, even though he often fell back into his safety-first default position

Gr
He scored

An Everton team that drastically under performed. I'm sorry, but I just can't understand why you'd want to get rid at this point. He hasn't demanded a move, he's young and hungry to better himself, and hopefully Everton in the process. If he's sold, who are we realistically going to get of the same quality? And so what if he took the penalties?? So does Rooney, Van Persie, Hazard etc. And he was the joint top-scorer in the Europa Lg. Does not matter who he scored those against really does it?? Ironically, those were probably two of our top ten performances this season, and when the team was on form behind him and he got the service he scored.

Ridiculous statement.
Get yourself on Evertontv, 20 min highlights of any game in Moyes era earlier than his last season.

Dross.

Haha what about those two seasons we finished 5th and tore teams apart at Goodison? I would say the ridiculous statement lies with you.

I get the feeling Lukaku will have a wonder half season where everything he hits goes in. Then we'll have nothing but endless speculation about him leaving, which I guess is inevitable when he hits top form.

Let's be honest, the second Lukaku becomes the player we all want him to be he won't be applying his trade with us.

Last edited:
I get the feeling Lukaku will have a wonder half season where everything he hits goes in. Then we'll have nothing but endless speculation about him leaving, which I guess is inevitable when he hits top form.

Let's be honest, the second Lukaku becomes the player we all want him to be he won't be with applying his trade with us.
And he leaves with my best wishes and gratitude...

Belgium started to fall to bits last night shortly after Rom came on. 4-1 up to scraping a 4-3 win in the end. One wonders if Belgium missed Benteke's superior ability to lead the line? If I was one of these "top" clubs interested in a centre forward this summer, it's Benteke's direction I'd be looking in. Not only does he have a release clause but he's also more suited to the job right now.

I'm sure the "top" clubs are aware of this, though, and they won't be swayed by Rom's agent and mates spitting superlatives about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back