Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbutt needs games now, for a player of his age he's quite inexperienced with first team football due to Baines being Baines and Oviedo being adequate back up when fit. If he signs I can't see us asking for any sort of clause in his loan its sink or swim time for him in the big league this season really.

I'd also expect Galloway to be fixed up with a loan as well, but probably a short term deal to a championship side until January, then they can bring him back and assess how it's benefited him. If some awful situation arises and Baines and Oviedo are both injured for a while there's still enough options in the squad to cope with Hibbert or Barry capable, he may even try a new formation to plaster over it if it was long term problem.
Not getting that vibe at all from Martinez's comments about Galloway but as far as media statements go Roberto could lie straight on a crooked staircase so who knows.

With MK Dons being in the championship that would be a logical first place to look if we were sending him out.

Not getting that vibe at all from Martinez's comments about Galloway but as far as media statements go Roberto could lie straight on a crooked staircase so who knows.

With MK Dons being in the championship that would be a logical first place to look if we were sending him out.

He mentioned how important he thought loan deals are for our young players and their decelopment last season a few times, given he's had a year here to see how the club works and what's expected it seems the next obvious step in his career.

Having said that you've got a good point about Martinez and his media persona so it could be yet more hot air.

He mentioned how important he thought loan deals are for our young players and their decelopment last season a few times, given he's had a year here to see how the club works and what's expected it seems the next obvious step in his career.

Having said that you've got a good point about Martinez and his media persona so it could be yet more hot air.
I interpreted that as for players who had only played academy football - Galloway, like Stones before him, already has first team experience.

Browning also stayed with us last year rather than going on loan despite having very limited non academy time but think that was primarily because he didn't have a good time during his Wigan loan.

Garbutt needs games now, for a player of his age he's quite inexperienced with first team football due to Baines being Baines and Oviedo being adequate back up when fit. If he signs I can't see us asking for any sort of clause in his loan its sink or swim time for him in the big league this season really.

I'd also expect Galloway to be fixed up with a loan as well, but probably a short term deal to a championship side until January, then they can bring him back and assess how it's benefited him. If some awful situation arises and Baines and Oviedo are both injured for a while there's still enough options in the squad to cope with Hibbert or Barry capable, he may even try a new formation to plaster over it if it was long term problem.

Crikey! I rate Barry, but put him at left back, and he'd be left bleeding out of his backside chasing whatever crap pacy winger the oppo decided to play.

I interpreted that as for players who had only played academy football - Galloway, like Stones before him, already has first team experience.

Browning also stayed with us last year rather than going on loan despite having very limited non academy time but think that was primarily because he didn't have a good time during his Wigan loan.

You may well be right but Stones is unique in his talent and composure for such a young defender, a once in a generation rarity, he was going to force his way in one way or the other because of it.

Galloway though on the other hand may have the potential but he's lacking physically and only just made double figure for MK Dons first team so I doubt they'd see that as a proper amount of first team exposure needed to step up to the big time.

Anyway one way or the other it will be interesting seeing how they develop him given Stones has had a similar route to the Everton and both are very well thought of.

Crikey! I rate Barry, but put him at left back, and he'd be left bleeding out of his backside chasing whatever crap pacy winger the oppo decided to play.

Yeah we'd have to be on the bones of our arse, but it's where he started out and Martinez has had him drop in their before.

I'd prefer a change of formation if it ever came down to it myself but who knows what the manager sees in players, the difference between last season and his first one has left me baffled by what Martinez really believes and expects so it's hard to predict his thoughts!

Yeah we'd have to be on the bones of our arse, but it's where he started out and Martinez has had him drop in their before.

I'd prefer a change of formation if it ever came down to it myself but who knows what the manager sees in players, the difference between last season and his first one has left me baffled by what Martinez really believes and expects so it's hard to predict his thoughts!

Barry is best when he's facing the play. I think the gaffer hinted he might become a centre-half for us. Think a few of us thought that (myself included) but you can never predict the future.

Whilst Barry is still a useful player, you really don't want a player with his speed of turn being anywhere near the last line of defence.

Unless we've got a clause allowing us to recall him.

Would make sense, really. Baines starts, Oviedo is there in case Baines can't play a couple of games for whatever reason. If, God forbid, he gets a serious injury keeping him out for months, Garbutt would be recalled and given a serious shot at left back.

I think only in an emergency scenario were both Baines and Oviedo were out would we recall him, and refund some of Bournemouth's or whoever's loan fee if we charged one.

I think only in an emergency scenario were both Baines and Oviedo were out would we recall him, and refund some of Bournemouth's or whoever's loan fee if we charged one.

Nar, we have loads of players that could, at a push play LB, Barry, Hibbert, hell prolly even Besic, The Clev, Galloway, no way we would ever recall him.

Are we supposed to be over the moon this diva has favoured Everton with his future?

I'll do what's appropriate when a third choice benchwarmer renews a contract ----> *shrugs*

Until someone his age & better than him comes along (And we own him) then I'm happy enough. There's plenty of cack out there that's being bulled up far more than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back