Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until someone his age & better than him comes along (And we own him) then I'm happy enough. There's plenty of cack out there that's being bulled up far more than him.

What's just happened though? Effectively we got insurance on a bigger fee down the road if/when he goes out on loan.

I really dont expect Garbutt to don the royal blue shirt again, tbh.

Are we supposed to be over the moon this diva has favoured Everton with his future?

I'll do what's appropriate when a third choice benchwarmer renews a contract ----> *shrugs*

Good to see a bit of balance. Not signing - "He's a greedy, judas swine who is lower than a weasels wang" :rant:, signing - "what'evs NEA" :zzz:.

Are we supposed to be over the moon this diva has favoured Everton with his future?

I'll do what's appropriate when a third choice benchwarmer renews a contract ----> *shrugs*

Dear Dave.

NEA you're not NEA.

Fact is given Oveido's lack of prolonged match fitness and given Baines had a few knocks last year. Him as current-third choice is better than a Hibbert-scenario.

Just saying.

Odds on I'd say. Martinez has done well here. A knock down fee of about £3/4M from a tribunal gets bumped up three-fold or more if he does the business elsewhere. In the meantime we have two better players in the same position at the club. Win-win.

I did mean 'you never know' in the context that he might get a prolonged spell in the first team & bump that price by his performances; rather than take the cynical route. ;)

I did mean 'you never know' in the context that he might get a prolonged spell in the first team & bump that price by his performances; rather than take the cynical route. ;)
I dont think it's too cynical to suggest he wont play for Everton again. It's obvious he wanted away. The pleasing thing is he's (apparently) recognised his debt to Everton and has (again apparently) allowed a situation whereby he leaves, but with a financial sweetener for the club.

It's best all round this. He wanted to play elsewhere for another club. If he didn't want to be patient and play for Everton then so be it. He can play elsewhere with other clubs paying his wages and then paying a proper fee for him.

I repeat: he'll have in all likelihood played his last game for Everton.

I dont think it's too cynical to suggest he wont play for Everton again. It's obvious he wanted away. The pleasing thing is he's (apparently) recognised his debt to Everton and has (again apparently) allowed a situation whereby he leaves, but with a financial sweetener for the club.

It's best all round this. He wanted to play elsewhere for another club. If he didn't want to be patient and play for Everton then so be it. He can play elsewhere with other clubs paying his wages and then paying a proper fee for him.

I repeat: he'll have in all likelihood played his last game for Everton.

Or maybe he's done what 90% of footballers do and play hardball to get a better deal for themself? Like Mccarthy and his agent dropping little hints of discontent in the media so he gets a new deal with more cash even Ramos is doing it at Real with Utd linked he's got 2 years left on his deal and wants more £££

I know you don't like the lad for his comments on martinez not having a clue mate but he's a 22 year old with alot of potential. If he does the business for the club then everyone wins. He won't have signed a new deal with no assurances of playing and if he has and Martinez then doesn't play him he's a shady manager which woukd go along with Mirallas's comments of "broken promises"

Football is a game of respect one too many instances of lost respect and he could lose alot of support.

Or maybe he's done what 90% of footballers do and play hardball to get a better deal for themself? Like Mccarthy and his agent dropping little hints of discontent in the media so he gets a new deal with more cash even Ramos is doing it at Real with Utd linked he's got 2 years left on his deal and wants more £££

I know you don't like the lad for his comments on martinez not having a clue mate but he's a 22 year old with alot of potential. If he does the business for the club then everyone wins. He won't have signed a new deal with no assurances of playing and if he has and Martinez then doesn't play him he's a shady manager which woukd go along with Mirallas's comments of "broken promises"

Football is a game of respect one too many instances of lost respect and he could lose alot of support.
You wonder if that's ultimately what causes a lot of managers to loose the dressing room in the end.

Sometimes you make promises you have every intention to keep and then just can't and you are right over time they build up. I guess you need to do what Fergie probably did. Get rid of the ones you screw over and quickly.

I dont see how any of this embroils the manager, tbh. Hasn't he underlined lots of times in the press that Garbutt is looking at shifting the best LB in the country from his starting place? I dont know where any broken promise will come into it if he does stay and gets the same proportion of starts this season as he had in the second half of last season.

No, Martinez has played a blinder here. This lad will stay or go on Everton's terms and without any assurances made public for more favourable treatment. It'll be interesting to read the player and manager reaction when it's all signed and sealed, but I cant imagine any ground given by martinez regarding Baines' obvious seniority and the fact we have a performer like Oviedo still in contention. That's why I'm convinced he's played his last game for Everton.

I enjoy a bit of banter but when you start playing silly buggers and start accusing me of doing something I haven't done, that's cheap and out of order. Is the 'argument' that important to you? It's all very silly.

Deary me. I'd have thought the blatant editing of my post about ten minutes after you quoted it and the use of the word 'authorities' would have underlined the fact that I was joking.

@Brennan has had his pants pulled down in front of the entire forum here

And as for you, you utter blimp, get back to talking about our next Summer takeover and how Arsenal are about to implode.

I dont see how any of this embroils the manager, tbh. Hasn't he underlined lots of times in the press that Garbutt is looking at shifting the best LB in the country from his starting place? I dont know where any broken promise will come into it if he does stay and gets the same proportion of starts this season as he had in the second half of last season.

No, Martinez has played a blinder here. This lad will stay or go on Everton's terms and without any assurances made public for more favourable treatment. It'll be interesting to read the player and manager reaction when it's all signed and sealed, but I cant imagine any ground given by martinez regarding Baines' obvious seniority and the fact we have a performer like Oviedo still in contention. That's why I'm convinced he's played his last game for Everton.
I don't. I think he will make it here but if he doesn't at least it's now in our hands plus the loan removes the whole dropping Baines argument which was frankly a bit disrespectful of Baines and yes at times I was guilty of it myself.

The bottom line is DavK does not liike him, never has and will do whatever it takes to keep piling in with negatives. Heaven forbid that Garbutt starts playing regular football in an Everton shirt, DaveK will be left with sod all to moan about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back