Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another youngster tied down to a long term contract. Very happy that he has decided that his future lies with Everton; its clear that he has that little bit extra in his ability for a player to succeed at the top. We're building for the future and this is extremely exciting.

He took his time and weighed his options up, fair play to him for doing that really, its his career. He's now a blue for a decent chunk of his career (on paper)... Happy with that.

You shouldn't underestimate the ability of @davek to find something to moan about mate.

Hes amazing isnt he, I love the way he gets right under peoples skin, they shower as much as they can, but hes there, eating away, like a flesh eating virus, just waiting, waiting for you to forget about him and then BOOM, there he is again, gnawing away, scratching, until you cant take anymore and you just run infront of a bus. Dave K, the man, the myth, the legend.

Hope the lad signs, said from day 1, if he signs, lots of respect for the lad, could have gone off somewhere, made some proper money and played every week. Good sign if hes willing to stick around and "fight" for a place.

There's a case to be made to him that signing with us and going on loan to them would be better for his career. You could argue why drop down to a side like that just to hope to get move to a club like Everton, when you can already have it, just do it differently?

Brilliant idea Jdawg. I'm glad Everton and Garbutt took your suggestion.

I can summarise the recent turn of events thus:

• not as good as he and his agent thought he was
  • received either no or poor interest for his services from good clubs - even on a free
  • accepted he had to stay under Everton's umbrella for the time being
  • was punted out to a promoted club where they'll pay half his wages
  • he'll be sold on Everton's terms and at Everton's pace in the future
Dress it up as a 5 year deal that secures a much coveted young talent, but that's the bare bones of the situation.

It's up to him now to show he deserves to be taken seriously as a PL player. It seems to me that Bournemouth have taken on all of the responsibility here, as well as pay half the wages; Everton are in a very good position to capitalize on this situation at their leisure.

And spun to make it sound a triumphant victory for El Bobo. You couldn't make it up.

Anyway, pleasing news. I'd prefer if he didn't go on loan and stayed to put a bit of pressure on Baines for his place which would be healthy.

"The boss man used his hypnotic eyes and magical Catalan powers to swoon the turncoat judas Garbutt into signing a new deal"

• received either no or poor interest for his services from good clubs - even on a free
Dress it up as a 5 year deal that secures a much coveted young talent, but that's the bare bones of the situation.

It's up to him now to show he deserves to be taken seriously as a PL player. It seems to me that Bournemouth have taken on all of the responsibility here, as well as pay half the wages; Everton are in a very good position to capitalize on this situation at their leisure.

...but if he happends to get better and better it's only good for us. win win situation. why are you making this to be a bad thing mate?

He had permanent offers from Swansea and Bournemouth, and most likely a few more clubs.

I wouldn't say that's bad to be fair. I think the majority of our fanbase have made the situation seem much worse by outing him as a "Judas" - I said weeks ago that he would stay at the club.

It's like a new signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back