Transfer Rumour Maitland-Niles

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a pattern forming here. Maitland-Niles Niles is gifted with quite good pace. It seems that Benitez wants some more power and pace in the team. I’m hardly Benitez’ biggest fan,but, I would have to say I agree with him.

Pace and power gives you the opportunity to beat a top team if they’re having a bad day. We could have won the league cup game against United or the FA cup game v City if we’d had more of this because in both games the opposition had periods where they were poor. We just couldn’t take advantage though because we struggled to even keep the ball we were so slow with it. Eventually they just played their way back into form. If you have pace and power in the team you can get in front in those scenarios and then hurt teams on the counter. We had no way to beat those sides apart from get a lucky one then hang on.

He’s not that bad. He’s another disciplined player who can understand tactical instructions and has the mobility to do a job. Give me players like this any day over the lot we’ve had the last 6 years or so who couldn’t do anything.
‘Not that bad’ seems to be the qualifying criteria for our current recruitment. I’m not sure it represents a basis for future success.
But we shall see.

This would be a real shocker. Praying it doesn't go ahead. Starting to doubt we even have a scouting team, I think we just bid for a player whenever their agent approaches us ...

This would be a real shocker. Praying it doesn't go ahead. Starting to doubt we even have a scouting team, I think we just bid for a player whenever their agent approaches us ...
It’s a loan deal, it’s win win, he comes in and does well, we look at signing him permanently, if he doesn’t then we send him back

There seems to be a pattern forming here. Maitland-Niles Niles is gifted with quite good pace. It seems that Benitez wants some more power and pace in the team. I’m hardly Benitez’ biggest fan,but, I would have to say I agree with him.
Pace, energy, power. Back to basics. Work harder than your opponent, force them into mistakes quick turnover then punish them. We have it all over the pitch now fingers crossed.

Think he would have every chance starting as RB, Coleman is finished.

as CM? Maybe. Remember Allan wont be fit all season.
If using him in midfield is an option, you’ve got to ask questions about Tom Davies future haven’t you ?

Wonder how many these signings Benitez makes and does well before we start putting down the bleach.

It would appear for the first time in ten years we are making transfers that only high level football people can understand. That normal fans can't see. But giving our record pre Benitez its understandable why people might fume. Guess it going to take a few windows for the penny to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back