Transfer Rumour Maitland-Niles

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need another CM (with Gomes to go) but why isn't youth the target here.
Good CMs are harder to find than wingers so always a gamble

Been following Abdou Harroui. He's in the Allan mould with the benefit of having developed his skills on the right wing.
He had the about best interception/tackle stats for a midfielder in the Eredivisie last season.

There needs to be a better pathway within the club for players like this; He would be perfect type player to bring through for an aging Allan.

A player like Harroui is not going to a club unless he's getting first team action; unless he has a pathway to play, to get premiership ready, to learn from a guy like Allan with an opportunity to take his spot. At 23 this kid would put Davies to shame.

Its too late now but he's an example of what the club should be targeting (preferably at a younger age) and what I thought Brands would bring to the club.
Maitland Niles. Rondon for gods sake. We may as well have fun in the championship than chase mediocrity.

We need another CM (with Gomes to go) but why isn't youth the target here.
Good CMs are harder to find than wingers so always a gamble

Been following Abdou Harroui. He's in the Allan mould with the benefit of having developed his skills on the right wing.
He had the about best interception/tackle stats for a midfielder in the Eredivisie last season.

There needs to be a better pathway within the club for players like this; He would be perfect type player to bring through for an aging Allan.

A player like Harroui is not going to a club unless he's getting first team action; unless he has a pathway to play, to get premiership ready, to learn from a guy like Allan with an opportunity to take his spot. At 23 this kid would put Davies to shame.

Its too late now but he's an example of what the club should be targeting (preferably at a younger age) and what I thought Brands would bring to the club.
Maitland Niles. Rondon for gods sake. We may as well have fun in the championship than chase mediocrity.

Decent player.

Abdou Harroui seems to be getting a lot of mentions. I’d never heard of him until very recently...but I like what I have heard. Hopefully we can get the deal over the line before the window slams shut

Last edited:
Every time I've seen him play (in the flesh) he's looked like a competition winner...
Makes no sense given how he went to west brom because he wanted to play centre mid

I live “darn saaf“ and I know a few season ticket holders (not akin to the Arsenal TV nutters) who are perplexed with this lad not starting while the shocking Rob Houlding and Callum Chambers are racking up minutes. I think even the staunchest Arsenal fans can’t get over just how diabolical Arteta has been in team selection lately, I’d say him not getting minutes and playing for that disorganised shambles is a good thing as Arteta is frighteningly like Martinez in his 3rd season and thinks possession is worth more goals than defending properly. Everton seemed to have also nicely dodged a bullet in Gabriel too, thanks Mikel.

Gabriel is their best centre back...hes picked up injuries though.

I believe Arsenal fans want him and White as centre backs and AMN right back.

Gabriel is their best centre back...hes picked up injuries though.

I believe Arsenal fans want him and White as centre backs and AMN right back.
No chance. Ben White is now their best centre back by an absolute mile, the rest are all equally average. Thankfully we missed out on Gabriel and got Ben Godfrey, who Ben White is also better than btw.

Gabriel is still young so he will obviously get better but he’s not as good as White by any stretch of the imagination.

Arteta doing us a massive favour their, thanks for that.
Get off your arse Brands and go find a right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back