Man City 0-2 Everton 25th February 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question Bruce.

I guess I'd like to see the same formation and have Osman come in for Cahill and Yobo for Lescott with Lescott moving outside for Valente.

Don't know though.

He could end up using the same midfield and forwards with just Yobo being the only sub.

i'd really rather lescott stay at centre back. he's been moved around so much i forget what his preferred position is, but i think its cb and we need him as an offensive threat for set plays. y not give valente another game? also hibbo held up elano pretty well last time, but i sure as [Poor language removed] don't wanna risk it again. i doubt we'll see valente on monday, so if we don't my preferred back 4 is nev jags yobo lescott.

i predict 1-1. i think we struggle early on, concede a gash goal, then level in the last 10 minutes.

I wish this game was taking place today,tommorow at the latest, weekends without Everton playing are horrendously tedious.

I wish this game was taking place today,tommorow at the latest, weekends without Everton playing are horrendously tedious.

Spot on Vim, isn't this the third weekend without a game, I've got withdrawal symptoms.

As for the game, Citeh will expect us to go 4 5 1, more reason to stick with 4 4 2 and adapt if necessary(y)

Spot on Vim, isn't this the third weekend without a game, I've got withdrawal symptoms.

As for the game, Citeh will expect us to go 4 5 1, more reason to stick with 4 4 2 and adapt if necessary(y)

I couldn't agree more Monty, we should start the game with a 4-4-2 then switch to the trusted 4-5-1 to protect our two goal lead .I'm desperate for any kind of positive result from tomorrows game to put us rightly above Le Merde again, hopefully the players & DM feel the same way as us fans.

Go for it Davey !

I think moyes will play teh 4-4-2, as i doubt yakubus chances on playing against richards and dunne all on his own!!

Im not sure about this match, i think they have soem good players, richards, dunne, and i also highly rate their new signing caciedo who will probably come off the bench. I think a draw would be the most probable result, maybe we can snatch it at the death through a set piece, or vaugghan/ anichebe substitution. I also dont pthink Carsley will start after some of his performances as of late have been poor, and against man city we need that bit of flair in the defence.

Howard

Neville - Yobo - Jagielka - Lescott

Arteta - Fernandes - Pienaar

Cahill

Johnson - Yakubu​

Subs: Osman, Valente, Carsley, Anichebe, Vaughan

well i just hope we turn up for this game!! as i see it as being are biggest game of the season!!

make or break this one!

I'd be stunned if he left out Carsley in favour of Fernandes, just can't see that happening until later on in the game maybe.

Valente, but you need a defender in there, but moyes will definatly want osman and anichebe and vaughan, os you cant really drop anyone,...

Dom Moyes has NEVER not had a keeper on the bench.

Hes recalled keepers on loan in the past to sit on the bench.

Not a chance he'll neglect having a keeper.

Think he will revert back to the 4-5-1 which has proved so successful so the team will be:

Howard

Neville Yobo Jag Lescott

Arteta Ossie Carsley Pienaar

Cahill

Yak

Unfortunate for AJ but this is our best team at present and i think we will win 2-1

some interesting facts from the beeb...

Everton enter this round of Premier League matches third in the "form" table, unbeaten in their six games in 2008, and in pole position for the fourth Champions League qualifying spot. Confidence will also be sky high after equalling their biggest winning margin in Europe (6-1 v SK Brann in the Uefa Cup).

The Toffees top the table for Premier League north-west derbies, with five wins, two draws, two defeats and 17 points against clubs from the region.

Manchester City and Everton are the only clubs not to have been awarded a penalty in Premier League matches this season.

This is the 150th league meeting between these two clubs.

what odds on a penalty winning it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back