Man City 0-2 Everton 25th February 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to be 4-4-1-1 for me. 4-4-2 looked good against an average, unfit Brann at a slow pace but in the Premier League against a good, phyisical team like Man City I doubt it would work.

I have no problems with the back four or Johnson and Yakubu leading the line but the midfield is a problem. Only Pienaar, Fernandes and Arteta look comfotable in a four man midfield. Carsley, Cahill and Osman just don't. Osman lacks the pace and stature, Cahill lacks the tactical nouse and positioning and Carsley hasn't got the legs or ability on the ball.

I'm expecting City to go 4-5-1 and bring Elano in behind Benjani. That probably leaves a midfield of Hamann, Gelson Fernandes, Petrov and Ireland/Vasell depending on who plays right wing. I'm not being negative but the lad Fernandes has good energy and is a tiday player whereas Hamann is also good on the ball and has a presence about him.

If we did go 4-4-2 then I'd expect Moyes favoirtes Cahill and Carsley to play in the middle which is possibly in my opinion the worst combination. Neither are good on the ball and neither are creative which won't break down a solid defense like Dunne and Richards.

I think we seen the difference in terms in the second half compared to the first. With Cahill and Carsley we didn't really get anywhere but in the second with one defensive (Neville) and one creative (Fernandes) we looked much better and the football improved. The midfielders where linking up with the wingers which is why Arteta and especially Pienaar inprove so much.

I'd go for a best and most effective 4-5-1. Team:

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Arteta Fernandes Carsley Pienaar

Cahill

Yakubu

Same team but bring in Yobo for valente and put Lescott at LB, petrov will be key to them if they are in the mood tonight.

COYB!

its a brave man that slaps sven and his achievements so far, it took an amount of skill to assemble those players so quickly. if he does the same again this summer with the same amount of success then city will again be a force.

thats the crux though, its easier to make a mid table side better than it is to make a good top four pushing side better.

its a brave man that slaps sven and his achievements so far, it took an amount of skill to assemble those players so quickly. if he does the same again this summer with the same amount of success then city will again be a force.

thats the crux though, its easier to make a mid table side better than it is to make a good top four pushing side better.

It took an amount of skill to trawl through all those video tapes Im sure.

My honest opinion is that Sven has been very lucky with most of the players he has signed and because of the amounts of cash he has had he has gotten away with it. How much was Bianchi? £10m was it? Can Imagine if we signed someone for £10m that was a complete flop?! There would be hell to pay.

Dont get me wrong I do think Sven is a decent club manager but he has always done it with a big financial backing- Moyes on the other hand has done it the hard way.

I really dont know about tonight it really could go either way- but I say 2-1 to us with AJ and Yak getting one each and the partnership continues to flourish.

It took an amount of skill to trawl through all those video tapes Im sure.

My honest opinion is that Sven has been very lucky with most of the players he has signed and because of the amounts of cash he has had he has gotten away with it. How much was Bianchi? £10m was it? Can Imagine if we signed someone for £10m that was a complete flop?! There would be hell to pay.

Dont get me wrong I do think Sven is a decent club manager but he has always done it with a big financial backing- Moyes on the other hand has done it the hard way.

I really dont know about tonight it really could go either way- but I say 2-1 to us with AJ and Yak getting one each and the partnership continues to flourish.

Spot on assessment of Sven at Citeh Mick, it is staggering that the owner allowed him to invest so much money without actually seeing the players in action in the flesh. Any digs that DM has made regarding that subject can't be thrown back by Sven as we can't afford to be so profligate.

For tonight we must be positive lets keep with 4 4 2 and take the game to them, we can score more goals than Citeh so lets do it.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back