Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelligrini is absolutely ancient!

Pellegrini wouldn’t be my favoured long term choice, don’t get me wrong. I also don’t think 65 is ancient from a Football managers perspective. But he’s a very good, well respected manager in all circles.

He’s versatile too. He won the league with City but before that, he got Malaga to the CL knockout stages and took Villareal to the semi’s on a budget, all playing excellent Football. It’s rare you find a manager able to excel working with the very best players AND with not so talented players too.

Pellegrini wouldn’t be my favoured long term choice, don’t get me wrong. I also don’t think 65 is ancient from a Football managers perspective. But he’s a very good, well respected manager in all circles.

He’s versatile too. He won the league with City but before that, he got Malaga to the CL knockout stages and took Villareal to the semi’s on a budget, all playing excellent Football. It’s rare you find a manager able to excel working with the very best players AND with not so talented players too.
Thing is, we’ll have to tap him up from West Ham. Mind you, the Mosh seems to like doing that!

Yet he's not Doin well with West ham is he.
Worse Cup exit then us and below us in the table as well.
Don't see the attraction. 6/7 years ago. Yes.

What horrible reading that is. Wouldn’t touch any.

Arteta with zero managerial experience. Eddie Howe thinking solanke is worth 20m. Benitez the horrible fat disrespectful idiot. Brendan Rodgers aka David Brent. Wagner the lover of Klopp. Sean meat and potato dyche....
Grim

Hmm, not sure all the names on that list are attainable or have evidenced that they are likely to be any better than what we have.

Bielsa would be an interesting and a big ball appointment though. Very experienced, methodical and a strong winning mentality. I think we could do with a no-nonsense type of manager to shake things up.

Koeman

What horrible reading that is. Wouldn’t touch any.

Arteta with zero managerial experience. Eddie Howe thinking solanke is worth 20m. Benitez the horrible fat disrespectful idiot. Brendan Rodgers aka David Brent. Wagner the lover of Klopp. Sean meat and potato dyche....
Grim
“Not a little club after all” - Benitez claims he was misquoted after being unveiled as Everton’s new head coach...

Sound but as I said we have had experience and it didn't work so what's next, because top experience managers will not come here.

This is where Brands has to start earning his money mate, by the way, I'm not saying we should volley Silva now, but it's getting hard to not see that outcome at the end of the season if this run of gashness continues. Saying that, and I said it earlier in another thread, because it would mean Moshiri getting rid off, and having to pay another massive wedge to bin another manager, then that might be Silva's get out of jail card.

The Real Madrid guy sounds like the perfect Moshiri type - stabbed Spain in the back on the eve of the World Cup, then got sacked less than halfway through the season due to horrendous results.
He simply must be given a three-year contract on 175k a week as soon as possible.

Santo why would he?
Pellegrini for me is a has been.
Benítez would split the fan base and would not work out.
Howe. Possibly.

Santo might be seen as a “flavour of the month” but there’s something about him. Whether it’s with us or elsewhere, he will go on to be a top, top manager. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a top 6 team take a chance if they lost one of their managers. I reckon he could be a shoe in for Poch if he went to United.

Benitez would split the fan base but it would split reds too (for that reason, I’m open to it!!) I doubt he would come for that reason but he’s undoubtedly an excellent manager who can deliver silverware and there’s few of them about. His family are based on merseyside and he only wants to manage in England if things don’t go well in Newcastle.

Howe is a good manager, he doesn’t have enough credibility yet though. From the point of view of attracting the best players, not many will want to work with Eddie Howe. I think he’ll take the England job and use that as a stepping stone to somewhere bigger than Bournemouth - as and when Southgate gets offered something a bit more challenging too.

This is where Brands has to start earning his money mate, by the way, I'm not saying we should volley Silva now, but it's getting hard to not see that outcome at the end of the season if this run of gashness continues. Saying that, and I said it earlier in another thread, because it would mean Moshiri getting rid off, and having to pay another massive wedge to bin another manager, then that might be Silva's get out of jail card.
I don't know what his pay off would be,but it could be offset by league table finish because at the minute we are in free fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back