Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe brands could pull his finger out and look for centre backs outside of Stamford bridge?

Losing confidence day by day with brands. So much hype and such an unbalanced and spineless squad.

my humble opinion is we haven't bought players to suit the system the managers seem to have wanted to play. We need to back Carlo in the way he wants to play and some players who fit that mould. I also believe we need this system to go right down to the youth team so as they develop they can slot into the first team incase they are needed and the same philosophy go playing is untied across all age groups. We won the under 23 thingy but how many of those players could fit into the first team? Do they play the same style?

If (as @MarcelsGoat says) weve spent £178mil then we would recoup that from:

Just from those two sales we'd recoup £110mil. Dont you think the rest of the Brands signings would fetch over £68mil combined?

Inter/AC Milan and Roma would all snap Kean up for £30mil+ for example...£34mil left would be easily achieved.

Dont agree with the agent part but we need to be signing u23 players. 5 starters in the next 4 windows and we'd actually have a pretty decent young high potential squad

2022 all our deadwood our out of contract by then. That means that in 1.5 seasons they will all be gone or have 1 year left to be sold or go on loan, never to be seen again.

The amount of wages we will save over the next 1.5 seasons will be insane and solve all the financial issues at the club...
Zat you're living in a dream world with those figures.

So, you hadn't asked it before ?

It makes no sense for any DOF to have complete say regarding transfers , buying players that the current manager simply doesn't want. We have seen examples of players being isolated at clubs because the manager didn't want to sign him and after he was brought to the club then the manager didn't use him.

Equally, we above all clubs have shown that reckless spending by a manager can go disastrously wrong and leaves a huge problem when the manager moves on.

The answer is that I would like cooperation between manager and DOF in signing players.

I honestly do not believe that Carlo Ancelotti will be at Everton for a long number of years. I think that he may stay for 3 to 4 years and when he goes we cannot afford to have the same problem as the one we had after Koeman and Allrydyce.

Just now I believe we do need at least two or three experienced professionals that CA can trust to come in and organise the team as the manager wants. They may be loans or even players that are in their thirties like Mertens or N'Zonzi. But, in the longer term we need to sign players that have a longer shelf life and players the manager can improve.

Unfortunately, I think we have to look at and copy our neighbours template.
Surley your answer should be guided by 1/ the quality of the club's current manager and, 2/ the quality of the club's present DoF?

If you do that you can only come to one conclusion: get Brands' hands off the cash and hand it to the manager to spend....unless you want another couple of hundred million quid wasted?

If I was in charge I'd ask myself the following questions.

Did Ancelotti and/ or Brands have a list of players/ type of players required from before the January window?

Did Brands's list and Ancelotti's list match in any of the players identified? Did anything get done about this, such that the deal would be done asap in this window?

If Ancelotti's list was completely different from Brands, then why? Is that a cause for concern over Brands's judgement? Or is the overall direction of the club changed and if so, why has it changed and is it for the better? Who was responsible for the previous direction of the club if the new direction is better (and vice versa)?

Now that the window is open, what is Brands doing to sort things out and is Ancelotti having an input in this as required to make a deal happen?

If the club didn't know that they were short on midfielders or defenders or even forward options prior to the window then that's a pretty damning indictment on Brands. If he wasn't trying to get ahead of the window then that is also a damning indictment on him. If Brands had stuff in progress and Ancelotti has torpedoed it, that's one thing, and maybe Ancelotti knew who was available and a better option being an influential figure in European football.

I haven't even touched the binning off of players or loaning out - we need rid of so many, that could have been done by Brands irregardless of Ancelotti's arrival. Who would think that Ancelotti would pull the plug on any deals for the likes of Niasse for example?

Right now, I expect the fire to be put against the soles of the feet of everyone in the club - Brands included. Critical few weeks for Brands. I expect him to be in the spotlight now. All attention on him please Moshiri - don't let him get away with another Zouma or Tomorri fiasco.

That is your opinion, on balance I think it is one not generally shared.
Injuries happen and we are unlucky that we have two long term absentees who occupy key positions in midfield.
I think if you want to be critical of Brands it is that in about three areas he has left the squad light, one of them being central midfield. I think that criticism would be justified.

We also have to recognise the enormous job he faced when he first arrived of having to move on expensive , highly paid players that were not wanted at the club , but you won't accept the job he has done there either.
Nobody is perfect, but unless you give a balanced critique of his overall work while at Everton you can hardly expect your opinion to be regarded as serious.
Not something that is generally leveled at any of @davek posts

This man is still drawing a huge wage from the club despite being as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Carlo doesnt want him, hes got his own team to identify signings.

It was a Brands XI that threw us the most humiliating result in the clubs modern history at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back