Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man is still drawing a huge wage from the club despite being as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Carlo doesnt want him, hes got his own team to identify signings.

It was a Brands XI that threw us the most humiliating result in the clubs modern history at the weekend.

Brands 11 you say?

Out of the 11 players who started the game, only 4 players were bought by Brands.

Brands 11 doh.

Clown.

Oh I can believe teams would be interested, definitely, but if we were willing to listen to them then they'd be mad to not just take him on loan. Either we believe in him and want to keep him or we don't, if we don't then you'd be reliant on an Italian Steve Walsh sanctioning a move that simply didn't need to be made to get any money for him.
Carlo has high hopes for Kean
He wanted to sign him for Napoli

Surley your answer should be guided by 1/ the quality of the club's current manager and, 2/ the quality of the club's present DoF?

If you do that you can only come to one conclusion: get Brands' hands off the cash and hand it to the manager to spend....unless you want another couple of hundred million quid wasted?
I don't think it is that simple Dave.

I think the main idea behind a DOF is to provide continuity to the club which is something we have been sadly lacking. We hire a manager, he spends lots of money on players, he gets sacked we hire a new manager we then have players to sell at a huge loss and we buy a new batch... rinse and repeat.

Carlo Ancelotti is in a different league to any manager the club has had since Kendall but the problem remains for the club. As I said I don't think CA will be a terribly long appointment but I believe he already has raised the bar for everything at the club.
I believe we need some players for a short term fix, but after that we need strategic long term planning between manager and DOF... I think this is how it should always be.

I think the attitude that it must be one or the other is a bit juvenile.

Do a new poll on Brands Dave, let's see what the majority thinks of him now.
The last leaders we had you called traitors
Leaders? Who - Jagielka and Baines? Ha Ha Ha. FFS, Jagielka couldn't raise his head and speak up in an interview; Baines was stabbing his own team mates in the back when they were on the picth and he was a pundit.

"Leaders", those 'kin two?

'sake.

Maybe brands could pull his finger out and look for centre backs outside of Stamford bridge?

Losing confidence day by day with brands. So much hype and such an unbalanced and spineless squad.
When Joyce wrote that long piece about the situation at Everton a few months ago, he did mention that Brands had a centre-back from (I think) Genoa lined up. Apparently, Silva insisted that they go to the wire in pursuit of Zouma instead.

Not sure what the excuse will be at the end of this month, though.

I don't think it is that simple Dave.

I think the main idea behind a DOF is to provide continuity to the club which is something we have been sadly lacking. We hire a manager, he spends lots of money on players, he gets sacked we hire a new manager we then have players to sell at a huge loss and we buy a new batch... rinse and repeat.

Carlo Ancelotti is in a different league to any manager the club has had since Kendall but the problem remains for the club. As I said I don't think CA will be a terribly long appointment but I believe he already has raised the bar for everything at the club.
I believe we need some players for a short term fix, but after that we need strategic long term planning between manager and DOF... I think this is how it should always be.

I think the attitude that it must be one or the other is a bit juvenile.
What's the point of continuity if the DoF is a clueless nobhead? Unless we're going for continuity of nobheadedness.

This man is still drawing a huge wage from the club despite being as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Carlo doesnt want him, hes got his own team to identify signings.

It was a Brands XI that threw us the most humiliating result in the clubs modern history at the weekend.

18 man squad from Sunday

GK - Walsh/Koeman
RWB - Brands/Silva
LWB - Brands/Silva
CB 1 - Moyes
CB 2 - Moyes
CB 3 - Brands/Silva

CM 1 - Walsh/Koeman
CM 2 - Walsh/Koeman

LWF - Brands/Silva
CF - Walsh/Koeman
RWF - Walsh/Allardyce

Subs
GK - Walsh/Koeman
LB - Moyes
CB - Walsh/Koeman
LW - Brands/Silva
CM 1 - Academy
CM 2 - Brands/Silva
CF - Brands/Silva

radiostar - chatting wham again

What's the point of continuity if the DoF is a clueless nobhead? Unless we're going for continuity of nobheadedness.
Well if you make a judgement based on the evidence, I think you might have worked out the implemented policy at Everton. :(

18 man squad from Sunday

GK - Walsh/Koeman
RWB - Brands/Silva
LWB - Brands/Silva
CB 1 - Moyes
CB 2 - Moyes
CB 3 - Brands/Silva

CM 1 - Walsh/Koeman
CM 2 - Walsh/Koeman

LWF - Brands/Silva
CF - Walsh/Koeman
RWF - Walsh/Allardyce

Subs
GK - Walsh/Koeman
LB - Moyes
CB - Walsh/Koeman
LW - Brands/Silva
CM 1 - Academy
CM 2 - Brands/Silva
CF - Brands/Silva

radiostar - chatting wham again
Doing so well until you said Holgate was signed by Moyes (I agree with your point though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back