Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with Lanolin, #140 mill lol.

These clubs do watch games.

Everyone knows Richarlison is potentially champions league class but he is inconsistent. Someone may lose their mind and pay 60mill but very doubtful.

Digne has looked at times one of our best players which isnt saying much. At present I think most people would have an aged Baines ahead of him. He is
suspect defensively. As said we would get 20-30mill tops.

Keane we will do well to get the money back on him. He has been an unmitigated disaster from day 1. So #20 mill absolute tops.

So 100 mill tops.

I would personally keep Richarlison even if a crazy offer came in, every single player in the squad I would make available for transfer.

I reckon
Schneiderlin £25 million
Tosun £20 million
Niasse £2
Martina £8
Keane £35 million
Kenny £35 but would rather keep him
Walcott £32 million
Lossi £15 million
Stek £2
Quite a tidy sum.
Great this numbers game
Way too high on those valuations chap! I would burst out singing in joy if we got a third of your estimated total. eBay beckons for some.

@Zatara are you suggesting we sell our two best players and in another thread saying Andre Gomes is a 'squad player'?
Its Zat anyone over the age of 21 is not safe
Yeh I like their podcasts and videos but they’re a bunch of mutant Zat-yank hybrids.

I mean I’m bad but they recommend players from like Estonia because they have nice tackling stats.

No. The discussion was whether we would be able to recoup the £178mil Brands has spent since joining.

I simply pointed out that Richarlison, Digne and Kean would be £140mil potentially leaving the rest to produce £37mil.

This then led to others nitpicking whether they were worth £70mil or £60mil....£40mil or £30mil and £30mil or less.

Despite of course Mina + Gomes + Gbamin + Iwobi + Bernard etc etc all being added to the sales pot.

Seems quite obvious to me that Brands would turn an overall profit on sales.

No. The discussion was whether we would be able to recoup the £178mil Brands has spent since joining.

I simply pointed out that Richarlison, Digne and Kean would be £140mil potentially leaving the rest to produce £37mil.

This then led to others nitpicking whether they were worth £70mil or £60mil....£40mil or £30mil and £30mil or less.

Despite of course Mina + Gomes + Gbamin + Iwobi + Bernard etc etc all being added to the sales pot.

For me Iwobi is the only 1 we would struggle to shift for at least our money back, IMO.

Would expect a modest profit or at least a break-even on the rest.

For me Iwobi is the only 1 we would struggle to shift for at least our money back, IMO.

Would expect a modest profit or at least a break-even on the rest.

Agreed, were not losing money on Brands signings overall.

By the end of next season I imagine values overall will have increased further as mostly the players are young and others injured.

Saying that you're wildly inflating figures isn't really 'nitpicking', just for future reference.

Saying that you're wildly inflating figures isn't really 'nitpicking', just for future reference.

As of today the football observatory values:
Richarlison €90-120mil
Kean €50-70mil
Digne €30-40mil

So, yes it is 'nitpicking' when speculating on individual player values as the conversation was based around being able to make a profit on all brands signings as a whole.

As of today the football observatory values:
Richarlison €90-120mil
Kean €50-70mil
Digne €30-40mil

So, yes it is 'nitpicking' when speculating on individual player values as the conversation was based around being able to make a profit on all brands signings as a whole.
Just googled that and saw this:

"Michael Keane - who is valued at €70 million (£62.76m) by the CIES Football Observatory"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I CAN'T SPAKE. Your sources are top notch Zat, fair play.

Just googled that and saw this:

"Michael Keane - who is valued at €70 million (£62.76m) by the CIES Football Observatory"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I CAN'T SPAKE. Your sources are top notch Zat, fair play.

Thats exactly my point...anyone can make up a value of a player...which kind of compromises your 'nitpicking' over a few mil here or there when talking about a collective.

But yes, i did choose that site for a bit of a laugh...every player seems overvalued which is fun.

@Lanolin incidently you were way off on Keane €40-50mil

I wasn't way off, I quoted an article that I saw on google, like I said. I would imagine the values change from time to time, otherwise i'm not sure what the point of it would be. Good try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back