Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our objective next season will be trying to get into Europe. We’re currently 4 points behind the positions that would allow us a crack at Europe but it doesn’t matter.

If you can't get a player of the requisite quality in for the money available then why bother? Signing "names" for stupid money is what put us in the position we are in now where we can't get rid of Oumar Niasse and are still paying 50% of a Sandro we'll never see again.

Joking aside I just don't understand the guys strategy. I think he is one of those `philosophy/ideological DOF/Managers' who wont be
pragmatic or admit mistakes.

Following YET another very poor season in which the lack of quality and mental strength of the team has been magnified not only to us Evertonians
but the whole world - wholesale player changes are needed.

As has been proven time and again, this is best not done as a massive overhaul in one window (ie the summer).

Surely the correct startegy to start to correct the mess of the last few years was to do everthing possible to bring in 2/3 of Ancelloti's picks this January.
Hopefully they would be up and running, ready ti contribute fully and attuned to the league by start of next season. Then in the summer 4/5 Ancelloti/Brands signings could hopefully compliment them and we would have a `new look' Ancelloti type team ready for the new season.

Instead we will play out the remaining games of this season full of players with no long term future at the club (absolute waste).

Then come the summer we will try to buy 6/7 players that have not got a hope in hell's chance of gelling at the start of next season.

Anyway I hope Marcel is enjoying his long walk with the dog and a cigar this morning, I suppose he will be in the office late afternoon to see if Real Madrid have bit 90mill for Richarlison.

Ok Brisan, if we didnt sign anyone for 3 years on that basis what would you say?

I am suggesting that Brands is ideologically opposed to doing business in January and that is simply a bad thing in so many ways.

There are many reasons a team may want to sell in the January window so you should always be ready. I think he is stubborn
which in just about all cases is a mistake. Often in business the best thing to do is the opposite of your opposition.

Its easy to sit back and say we will do our business in the summer. Come the summer if we identify some of the best young/potential champions league class players in the world we will be competing for their signings with many other teams.

Ok Brisan, if we didnt sign anyone for 3 years on that basis what would you say?

I am suggesting that Brands is ideologically opposed to doing business in January and that is simply a bad thing in so many ways.

There are many reasons a team may want to sell in the January window so you should always be ready. I think he is stubborn
which in just about all cases is a mistake. Often in business the best thing to do is the opposite of your opposition.

Its easy to sit back and say we will do our business in the summer. Come the summer if we identify some of the best young/potential champions league class players in the world we will be competing for their signings with many other teams.

Yes, that would certainly explain loaning out Cenk Tosun, signing Jarrad Branthwaite and selling Anthony Evans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back