Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendes has a line into City, Wolves and Madrid basically and obviously very good network of Portuguese players, Raiola at United and AC Milan and in general the Italian league.

Both utter snakes in reality
So Brands is good with these people and can get us deals on established talent?

Ok, that sounds like he's a handy person to have around.

But I want a manager who focusses on bringing through the talent we have and isn't solely interested in spending loads of cash to clubs and agents to prove how good he is.

So Brands is good with these people and can get us deals on established talent?

Ok, that sounds like he's a handy person to have around.

But I want a manager who focusses on bringing through the talent we have and isn't solely interested in spending loads of cash to clubs and agents to prove how good he is.

Just from reading up and around Brands, he knows the S American market very well, and his best signings from Europe include some very good emerging players - Mertens, Strootman and a few others being the most notable.

Could easily see an arrangement of buying young players in from S America which then go on loan for permit reasons to PSV for a season as well.

Would seriously like the Mexican lad he signed for PSV last summer - looks to be an emerging star

Just from reading up and around Brands, he knows the S American market very well, and his best signings from Europe include some very good emerging players - Mertens, Strootman and a few others being the most notable.

Could easily see an arrangement of buying young players in from S America which then go on loan for permit reasons to PSV for a season as well.

Would seriously like the Mexican lad he signed for PSV last summer - looks to be an emerging star

Away from players mate, who do you think he'd be giving the thumbs up to managerial-wise?

Away from players mate, who do you think he'd be giving the thumbs up to managerial-wise?

Its hard to say Dave, the Dutch league isnt what it was, the scope of managers he has would be different at a Premier League club like us, I suspect he would really like the look of Paulo tho for sure.

FBL-EUR-C1-SHAKHTAR-MAN-CITY-PRESSER.jpg

The games never been simple Dave, years ago these Agents would get their fees in little brown bags in Motorway service stations, now they get their fees on headed notepaper and bank transfers, same game, just different styles.
But super agents are so powerful now they could determine the outcome of leagues.

They should all be arrested as people traffickers and thrown in gaol.

Its hard to say Dave, the Dutch league isnt what it was, the scope of managers he has would be different at a Premier League club like us, I suspect he would really like the look of Paulo tho for sure.

But super agents are so powerful now they could determine the outcome of leagues.

I hope he goes with a coach of some experience. We really cant be doing with managers learning on the job.

Looks like the one at Wolves has Dave.

I agree, it smells dreadful. The Championship clubs have asked the FA/EFL to look at bit more closely at the Wolves set up. In their view, it could against some rule I had never heard of. Sommet about "outside influences being involved in club workings". Pretty sure @MoutsGoat or @Connor might have a better take on it though.

I agree, it smells dreadful. The Championship clubs have asked the FA/EFL to look at bit more closely at the Wolves set up. In their view, it could against some rule I had never heard of. Sommet about "outside influences being involved in club workings". Pretty sure @MoutsGoat or @Connor might have a better take on it though.

Essentially, other clubs believe Mendes is working as Wolves' DOF and is funnelling players through there to essentially either, a - make his own money by moving them from their previous club to Wolves or B - taking them their own club either permanently or on loan thus inflating their value and then moving them on to where he still gets a cut.

With it being Mendes, he essentially reaches every player in the world because of who he is.

Yes, it stinks but that's the game nowadays. You're either a Mendes club or a Raiola club.

I hope he goes with a coach of some experience. We really cant be doing with managers learning on the job.

Im no expert at all, but with regards players hes a big fan of the yoots and seems to have a decent eye for them, he went for a pretty unproven Manager in Cuco, a manager who shared his interest in playing yoots.

Its hard to say what he would do, people expect him to plough the SA market, but its much, much harder to get work permits in this country and the whole Henry affair highlights the dangers of loaning players out to get work permits, but I suppose if we got a little European club on the side were we could farm out our yoots it could work.

Anyway, im trying not to get too excited, but the prospect of Brands and Paulo steering the ship from the icebergs makes me wanna insert my penis in your ear David.

I'd hope Fonseca, he managed to talk LVG into taking on the AZ job when he was DoF at them, so the bloke can obviously be persuasive.

Fonseca would kind of fit into the style of play that PSV play as well - which is ultimately a style set up in part by Brands recruitment etc.

I see nothing wrong with it, I mean I can see what it is, but im all for people using whatever they can to make a difference, yano, we support plucky little Everton, class and dignity, 22 years and counting, but hey, we are good lads.

Im no expert at all, but with regards players hes a big fan of the yoots and seems to have a decent eye for them, he went for a pretty unproven Manager in Cuco, a manager who shared his interest in playing yoots.

Its hard to say what he would do, people expect him to plough the SA market, but its much, much harder to get work permits in this country and the whole Henry affair highlights the dangers of loaning players out to get work permits, but I suppose if we got a little European club on the side were we could farm out our yoots it could work.

Anyway, im trying not to get too excited, but the prospect of Brands and Paulo steering the ship from the icebergs makes me wanna insert my penis in your ear David.

More likely than him suddenly bringing in 10 players fresh from South America would be him trying to cherry pick the ones who've already made that first move to Europe in Holland, Belgium and the 'smaller' countries, that plus can be pretty sure we'd have a line into PSV in terms of deals like the one with the lad we sent to Anderlecht this season for work permits etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back