Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dom King: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...al-partnership-Marcel-Brands-Steve-Walsh.html

Everton are exploring options that would potentially see Marcel Brands and Steve Walsh working together as partnership in the future.

It is widely expected that Brands, the current PSV Eindhoven Sporting Director, will be appointed to a similar role at Goodison Park in the near future, with reports in Holland suggesting that it could happen as soon as PSV are confirmed as the new Eredivise champions.

Walsh, Everton's current Director of Football who was brought to the club in 2016, has been under heavy pressure for much of the season, having overseen a disastrous - and expensive - recruitment drive last summer. The lack of return from those investments seemed certain to cost him his job.

However, there are now indications that Walsh may yet earn an unexpected reprieve. There have been indications from Farhad Moshiri, Everton's major shareholder, that he sees Walsh and Brands working in tandem, rather than the Dutchman coming in as a direct replacement.

Everton insist that no deal is in place to bring Brands - who was linked with Chelsea last December shortly after Michael Emenalo was sacked - to Merseyside. The club maintains that the sole focus at present is a face-saving end to a campaign that has horribly underwhelmed.

Yet there is an inevitability that the summer will herald a raft of changes. Speculation continues to swarm around Sam Allardyce, who has struggled to build a rapport with supporters, and Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca has long been mooted as a possible replacement.

Allardyce maintains that he has 'no insecurities' about his future and has started preparing for next season, with targets such as Arsenal's Jack Wilshere being discussed as potential new arrivals. A sequence of poor results, though, would place him under huge pressure.

One man who will definitely leave at the end of the campaign is Chief Executive Robert Elstone. Having been at Goodison Park for 13 years, Elstone will return to rugby league take over as head of the Super League.

Dom King: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...al-partnership-Marcel-Brands-Steve-Walsh.html

Everton are exploring options that would potentially see Marcel Brands and Steve Walsh working together as partnership in the future.

It is widely expected that Brands, the current PSV Eindhoven Sporting Director, will be appointed to a similar role at Goodison Park in the near future, with reports in Holland suggesting that it could happen as soon as PSV are confirmed as the new Eredivise champions.

Walsh, Everton's current Director of Football who was brought to the club in 2016, has been under heavy pressure for much of the season, having overseen a disastrous - and expensive - recruitment drive last summer. The lack of return from those investments seemed certain to cost him his job.

However, there are now indications that Walsh may yet earn an unexpected reprieve. There have been indications from Farhad Moshiri, Everton's major shareholder, that he sees Walsh and Brands working in tandem, rather than the Dutchman coming in as a direct replacement.

Everton insist that no deal is in place to bring Brands - who was linked with Chelsea last December shortly after Michael Emenalo was sacked - to Merseyside. The club maintains that the sole focus at present is a face-saving end to a campaign that has horribly underwhelmed.

Yet there is an inevitability that the summer will herald a raft of changes. Speculation continues to swarm around Sam Allardyce, who has struggled to build a rapport with supporters, and Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca has long been mooted as a possible replacement.

Allardyce maintains that he has 'no insecurities' about his future and has started preparing for next season, with targets such as Arsenal's Jack Wilshere being discussed as potential new arrivals. A sequence of poor results, though, would place him under huge pressure.

One man who will definitely leave at the end of the campaign is Chief Executive Robert Elstone. Having been at Goodison Park for 13 years, Elstone will return to rugby league take over as head of the Super League.

Ffs when will we learn we have too many cooks in the kitchen.

Im sick of no accountability and a lack of structure.

stinks of our over lord, Moshiri not having ANY balls whatsoever.

will only end in failure, with both blaming eachother for failures in the transfer market.

you can not have 2 of these people in the same workplace, esp one who has been down graded.

BASICS, Everton... BASICS

I want a ruthless owner that just wants success. an Abramovic of old type character, your no good, then your out the door.

we currently have basil fawtly at the helm

Taking this report at face value it appears to exhibit more evidence of the confused, muddled and directionless thinking that is rapidly coming to epitomise the increasingly peculiar reign of this Moshiri/Kenwright hybrid.
We desperately need signs of strong leadership at board level instead we get a sense of limp miasma.
Meanwhile Everton F.C. continue to stumble towards the end of a miserable season under the guidance of the most unpopular manager I have seen in 5 decades of support.
'Face saving end to the campaign'? Believe me, there no face left to save.

I follow Dutch Football quite closely....and I really struggle to see what Brands can offer at the minute. PSV have, all told, a comparatively limited squad. Will Brands be targeting Dutch players? If so, hopefully more Bergkamp than Bas Dost.
Also, does Fonseca currently work with a DoF at Shaktar?

Taking this report at face value it appears to exhibit more evidence of the confused, muddled and directionless thinking that is rapidly coming to epitomise the increasingly peculiar reign of this Moshiri/Kenwright hybrid.
We desperately need signs of strong leadership at board level instead we get a sense of limp miasma.
Meanwhile Everton F.C. continue to stumble towards the end of a miserable season under the guidance of the most unpopular manager I have seen in 5 decades of support.
'Face saving end to the campaign'? Believe me, there no face left to save.

it shows us up for what we are.

we have an egomaniac in charge, who has no clue as to how to operate a football club, lashing money at everything, thinking it will work at some point.

in his ear you have bill kenwright who has muddled thro 20 years in this business, one transfer at a time, making ends meet with huge loans barely serviceable. selling all our assest at the same time (sounds familiar aye)

its a disaster waiting to happen.

look at the state of us this year.

and from the mumblings we are hearing, things are not progressing at all.

is Elstone going or not ??? is Kenwright going too?? One minute they are gone, next they are staying put.

almost as if Moshiri is saying one thing then doing another.

I'm sorry this blokes an utter clown

Last edited:

it shows us up for what we are.

we have an egomaniac in charge, who has no clue as to how to operate a football club, lashing money at everything, thinking it will work at some point.

in his ear you have bill kenwright who has muddled thro 20 years in this business, one transfer at a time, making ends meet with huge loans barely serviceable.

its a disaster waiting to happen.

look at the state of us this year.

and from the mumblings we are hearing, things are not progressing at all.

is Elstone going or not ??? is Kenwright going too?? One minute they are gone, next they are staying put.

almost as if Moshiri is saying one thing then doing another.

I'm sorry this blokes an utter clown
Yep. As time progresses that is the conclusion I am rapidly drawing. My initial burst of euphoric hope has dwindled to barely a scintilla.
I am coming to believe our future holds not an ambitious,bold attempt for the top but a continued aimless mid table drift into deeper obscurity.
The singer may change but the song remains the same, just a different venue.

Yep. As time progresses that is the conclusion I am rapidly drawing. My initial burst of euphoric hope has dwindled to barely a scintilla.
I am coming to believe our future holds not an ambitious,bold attempt for the top but a continued aimless mid table drift into deeper obscurity.
The singer may change but the song remains the same, just a different venue.
'I will give you everything ive got, its monopoly money to me, I will not be selling ANY of our top players'

But theres no chance I will invest in a new stadium, and if get my way, it will be done with the 500m the council loan us, and be limited to 52000 seats. oh and by the way, the players I sold all wanted to leave the club, so my hands were tied on that I'm afraid.

I follow Dutch Football quite closely....and I really struggle to see what Brands can offer at the minute. PSV have, all told, a comparatively limited squad. Will Brands be targeting Dutch players? If so, hopefully more Bergkamp than Bas Dost.
Also, does Fonseca currently work with a DoF at Shaktar?
A limited squad that kicks everyone's tails in the league. How are they limited? He's got quite a bit of diversity for sure.

Fonseca doesn't really buy anyone, so it might work rather well. He's not been very active in the transfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back