2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardles of what happens regarding players in the summer, Brands needs to reassess every coach behind the scenes and determine if they are good enough. Too many ex players not enough proper coaches, whose the defensive coach? Silva cant coach every little detail and needs coaches who understand the game to coach them better. Even wenger, had to get a coach in to help the defensive side!

I think its time for Marcel to lay his cards down on the table...

the longer this goes on the weaker he is made to look.

I think its time for Marcel to lay his cards down on the table...

the longer this goes on the weaker he is made to look.

It's a fair point, he has been in post for around 8 months now. He was being actively linked for a good 5 months before that. In short, he's had more than enough time to have sized up our needs. The lack of obvious change at finch farm on the coaching, analysis and scouting fronts for the age group teams is becoming concerning........ and then you have the whole Silva/ first team debacle which isn't reflecting well either.

a lot of people, one being @MarcelsGoat , tell me that Marcel Brands had a say in the hiring of Silva... endorsing him infact

I was firmly in the camp that hes had him dropped on him by Moshiri as it was him who chased him in the first place.

now I would like to believe I was correct, because if Brands has endorsed Silva as a worthy manager of Everton then I am definatly worried about where we are actually going..

a lot of people, one being @MarcelsGoat , tell me that Marcel Brands had a say in the hiring of Silva... endorsing him infact

I was firmly in the camp that hes had him dropped on him by Moshiri as it was him who chased him in the first place.

now I would like to believe I was correct, because if Brands has endorsed Silva as a worthy manager of Everton then I am definatly worried about where we are actually going..

What?

Of course Brands signed off on it, theres no grey area here, it was The Mosh who pushed it, but Brands is in charge of all footballing decisions.

But this manager was always The Moshs choice, next time it will be ALL Brands.

Ridiculous statement to come out with. A newly promoted team have just come and hammered us at our own ground and gone 5 points clear.

Its not ridiculous though is it? That 'newly promoted team' have spent a small fortune on players and have had a settled squad for 18months.

Theyre a good side, as liverpool are due to having a settled team.

We have a mismatch of players and alot of work needs to be done in the summer.

Its not ridiculous though is it? That 'newly promoted team' have spent a small fortune on players and have had a settled squad for 18months.

Theyre a good side, as liverpool are due to having a settled team.

We have a mismatch of players and alot of work needs to be done in the summer.
So we should put our faith in a manager with Silva’s record. His methods have been found out, just like they had been at Hull and Watford.

You think we should be conceding 18 goals from set-pieces?

We’ve spent a large fortune, the man has been backed and he’s completely ballsed up his opportunity and will rightly be sacked for it.

Has been put a on pedestal too quickly for me from what I’ve seen on social media (certainly not the first time that’s happened with us). The fella obviously needs time and hopefully he does a great job long term but let’s get some perspective here, he hasn’t been at the club long, let’s see what he does & cut the backside kissing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back