Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
His comments imo should be read as an invitation to a number of clubs for his services.

I've seen Everton interest used in the past on loads of occasions as a means to flush out other options for targeted players/managers - and I dont doubt that now we're into the age of DoF it'll be the same there too.

If he's umming and ahhing, bollocks to him. Just move on, because if that's the way the carpet bagger wants to move we have act quickly to get another DoF in to start the process of recovery - starting with a new manager.

His comments imo should be read as an invitation to a number of clubs for his services.

I've seen Everton interest used in the past on loads of occasions as a means to flush out other options for targeted players/managers - and I dont doubt that now we're into the age of DoF it'll be the same there too.

If he's umming and ahhing, bollocks to him. Just move on, because if that's the way the carpet bagger wants to move we have act quickly to get another DoF in to start the process of recovery - starting with a new manager.
Steady on Dave, the fellas still probably hung over from the title celebrations. If its not done before the FA cup I'd be worried.

Steady on Dave, the fellas still probably hung over from the title celebrations. If its not done before the FA cup I'd be worried.

If he's talking about his future in public that indicates to me he's not a done deal for Everton - nowhere near it. If he was even close he'd be much more circumspect than those comments he made.

It's a come and get me call from him. For me he's looking to flush out interest. Everton are there if he wants it, but maybe there's a bigger opportunity as he sees it.

Steve Walsh is our Director of Football and will be working alongside manager Samuel Allardyce in the close season to revamp our squad to make us capable of making a challenge for a top half finish next season. I'd bet my house on them two clowns being here next season.

Hope it works better than the ‘you pick one, then I pick one’ system that Walsh and Koeman seemingly used.
We need an actual transfer strategy this summer. Made all the more difficult by all the dross we will be trying to shift off the books.

If he's talking about his future in public that indicates to me he's not a done deal for Everton - nowhere near it. If he was even close he'd be much more circumspect than those comments he made.

It's a come and get me call from him. For me he's looking to flush out interest. Everton are there if he wants it, but maybe there's a bigger opportunity as he sees it.
Maybe there is the small matter of dealing with Sam first.. I mean, if he is being employed to restructure stuff then he won't want Sam around. Maybe he wants the club to show their commitment by getting rid of Sam and acquiring the man he wants to work with (whomever that may be?). After the Koeman debacle I'd hope the club have learnt to line the dominoes up properly before toppling the first...

Maybe there is the small matter of dealing with Sam first.. I mean, if he is being employed to restructure stuff then he won't want Sam around. Maybe he wants the club to show their commitment by getting rid of Sam and acquiring the man he wants to work with (whomever that may be?). After the Koeman debacle I'd hope the club have learnt to line the dominoes up properly before toppling the first...
If he was in the pipeline I'd have expected him to completely avoid all comment on his future rather than start talking about interest from elsewhere that he's aware of.

I'd put this at about a generous 5/1 it happening.

If he was in the pipeline I'd have expected him to completely avoid all comment on his future rather than start talking about interest from elsewhere that he's aware of.

I'd put this at about a generous 5/1 it happening.
You dont have say some rubbish. He said what anyone would say in that situation.

He be here, probably announced in a few days time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back