Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still over a week for there to be a turnaround but I was genuinely expecting us to have all of our business (or the majority) done by now. The narrative at the end of last season was that the targets were identified. Now maybe there is an elaborate plan here but it doesn't feel like it is robust enough. Especially not with Silva saying he needs 5 more in 11 days. No back-up for the Zouma scenario when everyone knew they were banned from buying players. Gana we're letting go so probably knew he would be going in January - no definitive replacement it seems?

I know there is probably a lot of work going on but it feels like we're not getting any of our main targets so maybe we've been priced out? Only time will tell I suppose but we're definitely a weaker team now than we were mid-May.

Still over a week for there to be a turnaround but I was genuinely expecting us to have all of our business (or the majority) done by now. The narrative at the end of last season was that the targets were identified. Now maybe there is an elaborate plan here but it doesn't feel like it is robust enough. Especially not with Silva saying he needs 5 more in 11 days. No back-up for the Zouma scenario when everyone knew they were banned from buying players. Gana we're letting go so probably knew he would be going in January - no definitive replacement it seems?

I know there is probably a lot of work going on but it feels like we're not getting any of our main targets so maybe we've been priced out? Only time will tell I suppose but we're definitely a weaker team now than we were mid-May.

Really? Mina will come in for Zouma. Added Delph and possibly Kean

I fully expect deals to be done. Ins and outs. The striker situation is crucial and I fail to believe (or dont wish to believe, maybe) that it wont be solved by the end of 8th August.

The issue for me is that we're handing the manager another set of problems to solve in the early weeks/months of the season and that should never have happened. We had to be in a position to hit the ground running because 5-10 points next May could be the difference between Europe and best of the rest.

Really? Mina will come in for Zouma. Added Delph and possibly Kean

Mina was there last season and hardly impressed but still has time. Kean hasn't signed yet and Delph is the only real addition.
We've lost two centre-halves. One of them being the captain and the other arguably one of best performers of the season.

We've also lost Lookman who was a regular on the bench and started cup games.

We're definitely weaker in my opinion.

Think of it in terms of the Brexit negotiations. Boris wants the best deal for the UK, not the EU. Likewise Brands wants the best deal for Everton, not Juventus. In both cases the closer the deadline gets the closer No Deal will work in our favour.

Think of it in terms of the Brexit negotiations. Boris wants the best deal for the UK, not the EU. Likewise Brands wants the best deal for Everton, not Juventus. In both cases the closer the deadline gets the closer No Deal will work in our favour.
It’s nothing like Brexit!

And how dare you compare Brands to Boris?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back