Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how would you do it Dave?
He said in April that he'd had since the beginning of September to work on this summer's signings: by hos own words he had the time to do deals (still might, of course). It;s not up to me to solve this. It's ridiculous to approach this issue in that way.

The crux of this summer's failure to launch is that he cant shift enough players out with efficiency. When a club needs to shift in order to buy, that is a major problem.

His purchases have been good so far, and I'm sure they will be this summer too. But his inability to do the other side of his job has cost us this summer.
With all respect that is some poisoned chalice he has inherited. Poor ageing players on massive contracts, they are not easy to shift.

To be fair mate, when he's been saddled with the likes of Niasse by some former galoot of a manager, you need to show a bit of empathy for him.

But Dave for me you are not seeing the reality but hiding behind words. How can we get rid of folk if they are on such good wages any clubs partly interested will walk away as they cannot match those figures as well as hand over a few million in transfer fee.
It isn't though. Told you countless times, to sell something you have to have a willing buyer.

would you buy Niasse and Mirallas for your football team?
With all respect that is some poisoned chalice he has inherited. Poor ageing players on massive contracts, they are not easy to shift.

Come on, we cant keep on wheeling that excuse out.

He said in April that he'd had since the beginning of September to work on this summer's signings: by hos own words he had the time to do deals (still might, of course). It;s not up to me to solve this. It's ridiculous to approach this issue in that way.

But Dave for me you are not seeing the reality but hiding behind words. How can we get rid of folk if they are on such good wages any clubs partly interested will walk away as they cannot match those figures as well as hand over a few million in transfer fee.

So, you are saying it should be easy to sell Niasse who isn't even a footballer, Cuco (what the hell) Martina, big contract Mirallas, snails pace Tosun, brittle legs McCarthy and the rest of the cast of the damned united?

Catch 22 situation. Many of those players are not good enough for the premier league. And due to the failings of the previous regime, the contracts these players are on can only be matched by premier league teams. Clubs have wised up, where previously newly promoted teams would take some of your dross, that isn’t the case anymore. We are largely relying on the professional pride of players willing to take a wage cut in order to secure moves, which sadly isn’t the case in modern football.

Imagine trying to sell Oumar Niasse, Yannick Bolasie, Cuco Martina and Sandro Ramirez for actual cash money

How many times would you be told to ‘koff during a day
We've been over this. Cleverley, Naismith, Jelavic.

Martinez got shut of players on contracts who were bang average, so should he be able to.

And Moyes would certainly have.

Nope, we cant be molly coddling Brands on outgoings because they prove "challenging". What sort of man do we have here who can waltz in and simply be forgiven for doing half his job?

The only time it’s easy to move crap players is when no one has seen them play enough to know they’re crap, like I don’t know, Jordon Ibe. All our crap players have proven themselves to be crap.

Martinez got shut of players on contracts who were bang average, so should he be able to.

Nope, we cant be molly coddling Brands on outgoings because they prove "challenging". What sort of man do we have here who can waltz in and simply be forgiven for doing half his job?
Its a fair point to be honest. We got £16m for Naismith and cleverley a couple of years ago, are Bolasie, McCarthy and the like really THAT bad? I wouldn’t have said so. It’s a weird one.

Club A wants Player X, for the transfer to happen Club A needs to free up their budget and hope to sell Player Z to Club B. However, the transfer of Player Z falls through and Club A can now not afford Player X.

So Player X stays at Club A, draining it’s resources every week because he’s a useless tit of a footballer who was bought by a useless tit of a Spanish manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back