Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a fair point to be honest. We got £16m for Naismith and cleverley a couple of years ago, are Bolasie, McCarthy and the like really THAT bad? I wouldn’t have said so. It’s a weird one.
Sheffield United are bidding 20m for some Swansea player I’ve never heard off, yet we can’t find a buyer for Tosun. The lad can finish, but he just doesn’t fit in with the type of forward silva wants. Out of all our players, he’s the one I’m most surprised at the lack of interest in.

Its a fair point to be honest. We got £16m for Naismith and cleverley a couple of years ago, are Bolasie, McCarthy and the like really THAT bad? I wouldn’t have said so. It’s a weird one.

There simply is no excuse. There's a lot of them - I suppose a case can be made around that. But it'd boost us if he could shift, say, Schneiderlin out for a few million at least.

Club A wants Player X, for the transfer to happen Club A needs to free up their budget and hope to sell Player Z to Club B. However, the transfer of Player Z falls through and Club A can now not afford Player X.

So Player X stays at Club A, draining it’s resources every week because he’s a useless tit of a footballer who was bought by a useless tit of a Spanish manager

You're overplaying this. Itls just knowing the business and operating in it. That's all. It's social skills and range and quality of contacts as much as the economics.

I hope Brands appointment into a boardroom role, hasn't stretched his time too thinly !! Being a Director of Football then having the added responsibility we recently gave him may take up a lot more time than he was used to at PSV.

But it is Brandolf, so no doubt he has it all in hand.

The crux of this summer's failure to launch is that he cant shift enough players out with efficiency. When a club needs to shift in order to buy, that is a major problem.

His purchases have been good so far, and I'm sure they will be this summer too. But his inability to do the other side of his job has cost us this summer.

He might need to outsource selling to an intermediary, he always sells very low.
At PSV he let Strootman go and spent most of the money on a garbage player who was loaned out and left on a free eventually.

I think Campos or Overmars could of done a better job on a budget.

There simply is no excuse. There's a lot of them - I suppose a case can be made around that. But it'd boost us if he could shift, say, Schneiderlin out for a few million at least.

You're overplaying this. Itls just knowing the business and operating in it. That's all. It's social skills and range and quality of contacts as much as the economics.

You’ve answered my point Dave: Operating in it. Clubs have budget, they need to operate within budgets. It’s not an endless money pit, unless you appoint Steve Walsh of course

You can’t sell if someone can’t afford to buy, i mean it does help if you have a decent asset, but we don’t we have [Poor language removed]. We have absolute tosh in our team, from 3 useless arse managers

Sure teams are knocking down the door to sign Oumar, lad can barely kick a ball never mind play top flight in England

Sheffield United are bidding 20m for some Swansea player I’ve never heard off, yet we can’t find a buyer for Tosun. The lad can finish, but he just doesn’t fit in with the type of forward silva wants. Out of all our players, he’s the one I’m most surprised at the lack of interest in.
TBF....This unknown Swansea Player will be on about 20 bags a week.... Tosun on 80. Problem with the Blues atm is wages, I stated that Koeman / Walsh set us back 5 years at the time.... thinking's more like 10

He might need to outsource selling to an intermediary, he always sells very low.
At PSV he let Strootman go and spent most of the money on a garbage player who was loaned out and left on a free eventually.

I think Campos or Overmars could of done a better job on a budget.
I don’t think you question brands job at PSV. You highlight one instance of a poor move, but let’s not kid ourselves he did an excellent job there. I didn’t see you complaining about his work in the transfer window last summer, but yes this summer is very disappointing so far.

With STCC rules regarding player amortisation, it makes better financial sense to hold onto them for the extra year rather than sell them at sizable losses, and subsequently find ourselves hamstrung when it comes to balancing the books at the end of the financial year.

If we were able to improve our commercial revenue year-on-year and not be so reliant on the windfall that is our income from increased TV revenues, this wouldn't pose such an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back