Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the Zaha nonsense is over we will have moved to other targets.

8th August the window closes, we really could do with 2 in this week.

Kean looks extremely likely and once Gana is officially off the books we should see a replacement come in pretty fast.

Brandalf has got this.

Now the Zaha nonsense is over we will have moved to other targets.

8th August the window closes, we really could do with 2 in this week.

Kean looks extremely likely and once Gana is officially off the books we should see a replacement come in pretty fast.

Brandalf has got this.

Right wing Zat man, who you got in your sights??

No coincidence that those transfer stopped when he was given £50k a week, when he was probably earning about 50p in Russia

Why would anyone give a subpar player £2.5m a year hahaha

...oh wait Bobby did....sssshhh
Lame counter-point.

Examples are provided that underline how achievable a sale could and should be of many of these players, but you seem to be determined to breathe life into the cult of Brands when the evidence is mounting that he's barely effective at selling players.

Right wing Zat man, who you got in your sights??

I think the quotes before from Brands on Lozano and Bergwijn (too expensive etc) are interesting as they havent moved. PSV are about breakeven on their transfers so far this window.

Bergwijn, Lozano, Neres, Malcom and Under i think are in our sights.

If we were willing to go up to £52mil for Zaha then all of these players should be attainable.

I dont think people are protecting Brands, we are judging him on last summer when he made excellent additions to the team and we are hoping he will do the same again. He's secured the services of Gomes, yes we all would of liked at least the Striker in by now but i think that shows he is waiting for the right players at the right price. No knee jerking needs to be done just yet, at the end of the day he has probably promised these 4/5 players that Marco wants before the deadline and he still has time to do that.
As ive said before and a few others, judge him at the end of window then the praise or critisism will be granted.

I still have faith he will deliver.
That's fair enough. But the one thing he is guilty of right now (and after implying targets would be sorted early as far back as April) is wrecking pre-season and handing his manager a headache.

Marcel wanders round the great corridors of the old lady with his sharp suit and rolex watch. He takes his chair in the board room and gently strokes his hand along the fine leathered arms. He smirks to himself as he ponders how good life has been to him since arriving in Liverpool.

Suddenly a bead of sweat forms on his brow. Mr Moshiri is on an unexpected conference call! He wants an urgent update on the crucial outgoings. His summer spending plans rely on the sales of expensive players not involved with the first team anymore.

Mr Moshiri asks, "have we moved on Mccarthy, Besic, Niasse or Tosun yet?"

Marcel recoils in his chair and offers up a sheepish response. "Err no Sir."

There is a pause. Kenwright puts a lump of sugar in his coffee cup and stirs gently but the sound cuts through the atmosphere like a knife. Baxendale puts her head in her hands as Marcel feels everyone's anxious gaze.

Then Moshiri offers his reply. " I see." There is another pause and the sound of heavy, almost asthmatic, breathing coming from the speaker. "We go to plan B then. Baxendale see that it's done." With that the conference call is suddenly ended.

Marcel asks, "Plan B, what is it Helen?"
Kenwright spits out his coffee and laughs mischievously. He's been here before. He knows the drill.

Baxendale doesn't bother answering Marcel. He's irrelevant now. She simply turns to Bill and asks him directly, "You know that PR firm you told me about when I became chief executive. You know the one you said I'd probably need. The people you used every summer to help, you know, move those season tickets. I need that number Bill. The fans they can't know the truth, the truth is what we make them believe, just like you told me. Surely you all understand this?" Everyone in the room eventually nods back." Now what's next on the agenda? Ahh excellent, Everton in the Community. Have we arranged those coffee mornings yet with the local churches? "

Last edited:
Priorities on shifting the undesirables, not on accruing more. I’ll be happy if he can shift, McCarthy, Mirallas, etc. Disappointing about Gana but who can blame him.

Priorities on shifting the undesirables, not on accruing more. I’ll be happy if he can shift, McCarthy, Mirallas, etc. Disappointing about Gana but who can blame him.
Mirrallas has gone right under the radar.
Fuming he's still hanging around.

With Zaha now off the table I would like to start the Bring Our Geri Home movement.

Looked unplayable at times for Watford last season.

We've been over this. Cleverley, Naismith, Jelavic.

Martinez got shut of players on contracts who were bang average, so should he be able to.

And Moyes would certainly have.

Nope, we cant be molly coddling Brands on outgoings because they prove "challenging". What sort of man do we have here who can waltz in and simply be forgiven for doing half his job?
Dont think any of them were on close to 100k a week Dave. Sandro is, and Bolasie is reportedly north of 80k. Martina is League 2 level making 40k/week. When an oil tanker spills in the ocean, you can try and clean it up but there’s going to be some damage you can’t get rid of.
Remember when Sunderland tried to get rid of Rodwell but he wouldn’t take a paycut to move? Same thing here.

Its a fair point to be honest. We got £16m for Naismith and cleverley a couple of years ago, are Bolasie, McCarthy and the like really THAT bad? I wouldn’t have said so. It’s a weird one.
Guessing it’s wages more than anything for most. And with McCarthy, the fact that he’s been broken for what seems like forever.
And it wasn’t 16m for Naismith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back