Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he getting particularly hammered when looks.like things are developing
I would hope things are developing, but have we seen any evidence other than a load of media reports linking us with tonnes of players?

Example, we know Gueye is on the verge of PSG going off so many different sources claiming he's already done his medical, etc. But with incoming signings, all we've had is Everton saying there won't be a second bid for Zaha... and that's it.

I know some folk on here claim signings will be announced within the hour after we sell certain players, but I don't see any wheels in motion yet.

Would absolutely love to be wrong, but at this stage it looks like it's Delph next to Gomes and DCL up front against Palace, with Holgate our only other CB option behind the first two.

It’s not ideal but every squad is going to be a bit unsettled/unshaken going into the opening weeks, especially those who have had players play in international games for the bulk of the summer
I think we should all remember that this is only his second serious transfer window and that Marcel is not going to change a negotiating technique that got him where he is today. Also, despite the fact that we had such a great end to the season, it is we fans who want or expect instant results. It is not a one-season rise to top 4, as we generally accepted until we blitzed* members of the top 3-6, so any negative talk prior to deadline day is unwarranted, if not understandable.

*Not comparing Marcel to Hitler

I would hope things are developing, but have we seen any evidence other than a load of media reports linking us with tonnes of players?

Example, we know Gueye is on the verge of PSG going off so many different sources claiming he's already done his medical, etc. But with incoming signings, all we've had is Everton saying there won't be a second bid for Zaha... and that's it.

I know some folk on here claim signings will be announced within the hour after we sell certain players, but I don't see any wheels in motion yet.

Would absolutely love to be wrong, but at this stage it looks like it's Delph next to Gomes and DCL up front against Palace, with Holgate our only other CB option behind the first two.

What evidence would you like? I don't think the club owe us anything regarding how they go about negotiating transfers. I would far rather they were operating the way they are than tipping their hand to every competing bidder and driving up prices and competition.

This idea some folk have that the only two positions are the public knowing everything that is happening or nothing happening is baffling to me.

What evidence would you like? I don't think the club owe us anything regarding how they go about negotiating transfers. I would far rather they were operating the way they are than tipping their hand to every competing bidder and driving up prices and competition.

This idea some folk have that the only two positions are the public knowing everything that is happening or nothing happening is baffling to me.
We're obviously experiencing troubles as Silva insisted he wanted early signings yet the three main positions (ST, Gueye replacement, CB/Zouma replacement) are outstanding. Hardly a sign that our strategy is going to plan with less than two weeks of the window left.

We're obviously experiencing troubles as Silva insisted he wanted early signings yet the three main positions (ST, Gueye replacement, CB/Zouma replacement) are outstanding. Hardly a sign that our strategy is going to plan with less than two weeks of the window left.

I want my ex wife to stop threatening to sue me every time she sees a spider, but we don't live in a perfect world. If it was possible to get the players we wanted signed up by now, don't you think we would have done it? And if we have to work a bit harder/wait a bit longer, that's no reason to just run out and sign anybody, is it?

I said this last week. Would you rather Danny Wellbeck was in pre-season for three weeks already or Moise Kean only came next week? This isn't just about the first few weeks of the season, the club are (for once), thinking long term.

Love how people just think “we want him... let’s go sign him”. There are a million things that have to be considered before a transfer even begins to take shape.... does the player want to come here.... do his family ? .... what are his wage demands.... do his club want to sell ?.... will they sell without lining up their replacement.... can we buy him before moving somebody else on.... etc etc etc......

These are only a snippet of things we haven’t even thought about.... usually there’s 1 transfer which really kick starts the whole window... it will happen, just stop trying to second guess and soaking your sheets everyday because somebody you want hasn’t signed yet.

there are at least 20 teams in top 5 leagues standing in front of us in the transfer market.
7 teams in epl
barca
madrid
atletico
sevilla
valencia
bayern
dortmund
juve
inter
milan
napoli
roma
psg
so it's not easy to get what we want. :zzz:

We've been over this. Cleverley, Naismith, Jelavic.

Martinez got shut of players on contracts who were bang average, so should he be able to.

And Moyes would certainly have.

Nope, we cant be molly coddling Brands on outgoings because they prove "challenging". What sort of man do we have here who can waltz in and simply be forgiven for doing half his job?

Klaassen, Vlasic, Ty Browning. We can all do this.

Please move this comment to the Bungle Panic thread ... we only want Brands fans here

Guessing it’s wages more than anything for most. And with McCarthy, the fact that he’s been broken for what seems like forever.
And it wasn’t 16m for Naismith.
£16m for Naismith and cleverley, as in £8m each. And I didn’t realise the others had been playing for free, you live and learn.

Love how people just think “we want him... let’s go sign him”. There are a million things that have to be considered before a transfer even begins to take shape.... does the player want to come here.... do his family ? .... what are his wage demands.... do his club want to sell ?.... will they sell without lining up their replacement.... can we buy him before moving somebody else on.... etc etc etc......

These are only a snippet of things we haven’t even thought about.... usually there’s 1 transfer which really kick starts the whole window... it will happen, just stop trying to second guess and soaking your sheets everyday because somebody you want hasn’t signed yet.

Yep all true. That's why I hope we don't complete the Gueye sale until we have our own new midfielder holding a blue shirt on the club website.

You say it is bad that we are linked and nothing happens then you go on about Gana and that is not sure YET .

Yep all true. That's why I hope we don't complete the Gueye sale until we have our own new midfielder holding a blue shirt on the club website.

That never happens at Everton. We always sell players and never replace them.

Arteta's departure paralyzed our creativity for years, Lukaku still isn't replaced and we have already pretty much sold Gueye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back