Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’m not an accountant but I have a little knowledge in the area. Just not re football clubs.

But I was agreeing with you. Any book value will be fairly residual so giving them away for free won’t necessarily have a massive impact. But it would be less ‘profitable’ than my scenario.
Yeah I have some experience in other areas too, that’s why I explained how it would work in any other business when you told me I was wrong, because I assumed it would be the same. The article you posted says I was right.

I’ve never mentioned giving them away for free. I was specifically responding to a post saying we couldn’t sell for less than the book value because we’d be taking a massive loss, by pointing out that we wouldn’t. So for a number of players we would class as dead wood, book value is simply not a consideration at all, and yet people keep bringing it up as a reason why we can’t sell people. Then people who don’t understand it try to explain it to people who do.

Which was easily 'explained' by his not settling in a squad and manager under pressure.

Should and could have gotten more for him. That was a failure of salesmanship.

Premier League was too physical for him. If he wasn't flicked off the ball like a subbuteo player then maybe just maybe he might have been OK.

Chop chop Mr Brands. We are a lot weaker than last season now so lets have 4 or 5 quality incomings including a proper statement signing and something for us blues to get excited about and make us stronger than last season, like pronto please...

Chop chop Mr Brands. We are a lot weaker than last season now so lets have 4 or 5 quality incomings including a proper statement signing and something for us blues to get excited about and make us stronger than last season, like pronto please...
It seems a risky game we are playing hoping all the cards fall our way .they knew Kenny was going on loan surely they knew gana was off to psg and a striker we have needed for two years . fingers crossed it does fall into place but the time is definitely not on our side

Which was easily 'explained' by his not settling in a squad and manager under pressure.

he couldn't keep up with the pace and aggressiveness of the game here? he was out of his depth. nothing to do with a manager under pressure. was Koeman under pressure when he signed him? we replaced him with Gomez surly that is a great move

Whoa. You ripped us for overpaying for him, now you've said we undersold him. You are so odd. We know, you don't like the D of F role. It's bad. Got it.

It seems a risky game we are playing hoping all the cards fall our way .they knew Kenny was going on loan surely they knew gana was off to psg and a striker we have needed for two years . fingers crossed it does fall into place but the time is welldefinitely not on our side
Brands doesnt do risky. All is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back