Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for Brands he comes into a club where there is no clear leadership and no clear hierarchy with experience of business at a high level and too many incompetent cooks sticking their oar in. You have the chuckle brothers Mosh and Bill who want different things, Unsworth who seems to treat the u23s like it's actually about results instead of player development. Then a manager who can't utilise or who is unwilling to trust the players he has or the youth we have invested in. Yes he's made a few mistakes amidst the good decisions but he needs to be allowed to make the football decisions because everyone else has been shown to be a failure or lacks the knowledge when it comes to the game. Otherwise what's the point of bringing him in if he hasn't got control of the football direction?

I feel sorry for Brands he comes into a club where there is no clear leadership and no clear hierarchy with experience of business at a high level and too many incompetent cooks sticking their oar in. You have the chuckle brothers Mosh and Bill who want different things, Unsworth who seems to treat the u23s like it's actually about results instead of player development. Then a manager who can't utilise or who is unwilling to trust the players he has or the youth we have invested in. Yes he's made a few mistakes amidst the good decisions but he needs to be allowed to make the football decisions because everyone else has been shown to be a failure or lacks the knowledge when it comes to the game. Otherwise what's the point of bringing him in if he hasn't got control of the football direction?
Why did he take the job then?

And if he wasn't aware of that, he really doesn't sound too sharp.

Sounds like his job is being made a lot harder than it should be. I hope Moshiri doesn’t get a hard on for another atrocious manager

It’s been blatantly obvious from day one it’s been that way, in the fact that the manager was appointed before him so had no say add to the fact Silva was blocking his path to getting a CB target by continuing to push for Zouma long after everyone but him knew it was a dead end

The DoF model can work great things here but it needs 3 things to happen

1) Moshiri to provide the funds and nothing more
2) Kenwright to save no say on anything whatsoever
3) Brands given full control on all decisions, including the manager

Why does Brands get a free pass?

We started the season without a striker who is guaranteed to score goals, and that is a massive contributing factor to our struggles.

I didn't say he did. He clearly didn't get everything we needed this summer a centre back, a proven striker and even Gbamin was bought too late in the window. But on the flipside, there are deep issues in the club that may not be helping him do his job? And a coach who isn't getting the best out of what he has?

I would rather him have input on the next manager than Moshiri and Bill. I’m hoping he is on it now trying to cajole a suitable candidate for the job.
I know you can’t stand him Dave and you have raised some valid points about brands but on Saturday the 4 worst players and I will say most experienced was Schneiderfraud Sigg, Tosun and Walcott. All fat Sam and koeman buys. I’m been Uber kind to Siggardson saying he has been the only decent signing and you have to agree he’s been shocking this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back