Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well net spent is a horrific way of judging a club.

I do agree with that.

I mean this is rough math, but if you consider the Moyes years, as I said 13m over his tenure, sorry for using net again, but I dont have total spent.

But since then and again this is rough, but we have spent 50m+ on hiring and firing managers, around 100m on Agent fees and our wage bill has risen from 80m to 142m. There has been some serious money spent at this football club and currently we have gone from Moyes 6th place finish to our current position in 16th and all for ONLY the sum of roughly 600m in wages, 400m in transfer fees, plus the managers money and the Agent fees, over 1 billion pounds to go from 6th to 16th, you gotta love this club.
But, but, but, we are showing we can compete with the big boys, are no longer plucky Everton, etc etc.

(Your point is bang on by the way)

Good post, there is a difference in net and gross when it comes to the business balance sheet. But in recruitment it doesn't matter we have speculated 200- 250 mill on new players. Anyway you want to look it at it, 200-250 mill was spent on new players.

Almost a quarter of a billion and we've got worse.
It was that fat snake Rafael that started using net spend as a way of judging managerial performance....

Bollox, my sons are reds and they deserve to go wherever they want. They have been brought up properly and would distance themselves from anything that would bring shame to them.

Are you British? We as a nation have plundered, raped and pillaged the world over. Are we not welcome anywhere in the world?
I've said a few times, there's not enough evidence to judge him either way. Personally I'm evidently slightly less impressed by some of the signings than others are, and I think the deals we didn't do are just as important as the deals we did. I also think people are quick to absolve him of blame for issues, but then have no answer when you question them on it.

My opinion is that Silva is mainly to blame for this season's problems, but it's not all on him. I think our failure to get players in certain positions has cost us, and some of the players we've signed haven't really improved the side. Some people talk about Brands as if he's infallible; I don't think he is, I think he's done a relatively good job in the main with some fairly major exceptions. That's fine, I don't expect people to be perfect, I'd just rather we were honest about it and didn't build people up unrealistically.
People are criticising Brands, Moshiri, Kenwright and just about everybody else at Everton for doing nothing without actually knowing what is being done.

I will hold my judgement of how they have performed until this particular drama has fully played out.
Everton wasted nearly 200 million before Brands arrived, to blame him after 18 months and under tight financial constraints is just mad. Every player he bought so far is an upgrade on what we had, even Kean who can’t seem to get a game is the best striking option we have
He didn’t spend 45 mil on Sigi or 25 mil each on Keane, Walcott or Tosun, not to mention the other dead wood.

If Brands has been in charge from day 1 instead of Walsh and Koeman, we would have a far far better squad. Every player he bought is an upgrade on what we have
Well we haven't spent £86m have we? We've spent over £200m, we've just got some of it back. There's a difference. Either way, going a couple of years without buying anyone is working under tight financial constraints, not being able to play someone anymore because it'll trigger another £100k payment to their previous club is working under tight financial constraints, spending £86m net in 12 months is NOT working under tight financial constraints.
I don't disagree, but that's got nothing to do with him working under tight financial constraints has it? This is what I was talking about earlier, I just don't understand this desire to exaggerate everything to make him sound amazing. He's not had an unlimited budget, but he's had substantial backing. To suggest otherwise is just bizarre.
Well we have spent 86m thats a fact.

Add Agents fees and managerial sackings we have WASTED vast sums over the last few years, but im talking about under Brands and hes had to cut his cloth accordingly.

We also didnt sign anybody till we sold some players, we do have financial restraints, our upcoming accounts will highlight that alarmingly so I suspect.

As I said if you think a Premier League club spending, lets call it 2 windows, 43m a window, I mean I honestly dont consider that a fortune.

Of course for context David Moyes spent 13m over 11 years, so alongside spending such as that it is an utter fortune.

BUT.

I will concede that its defo not poverty. Im just correcting the narrative that we have unlimited funds, we, along with most clubs in the league, have a degree of financial constraints.

I mean for context.

United 112m
City 89m
Liverpool 100m
Spurs 50m
Leicester 27m

So our spending is certainly near the higher side compared to the rest of the division.
Good post, there is a difference in net and gross when it comes to the business balance sheet. But in recruitment it doesn't matter we have speculated 200- 250 mill on new players. Anyway you want to look it at it, 200-250 mill was spent on new players.

Almost a quarter of a billion and we've got worse.

When Brands joined the club, if we were given a list of the players incoming / outgoing until today with a net of £86mil I think most posters would be very happy.

However, in the grander scheme of things its pocket change...

Brands has stated that in 2 summers time he wants to be in a position where we only bring in 2 players a summer.

That clearly shows were only halfway through the rebuild.

So basically him/Silva are being judged on the entire squad as opposed to the players they have brought in....a large % (gomes/gbamin/delph/bernard/kean) havent been playing.

Amazing really seeing as when Brands came in most posters realised it would take several years to turn this mess around.

When Brands joined the club, if we were given a list of the players incoming / outgoing until today with a net of £86mil I think most posters would be very happy.

Brands has stated that in 2 summers time he wants to be in a position where we only bring in 2 players a summer.

So basically him/Silva are being judged on the entire squad as opposed to the players they have brought in....a large % (gomes/gbamin/delph/bernard/kean) havent been playing.

Amazing really seeing as when Brands came in most posters realised it would take several years to turn this mess around.
The Brands/Silva players are hardly outperforming the rest of the squad, are they? We seem to have been rather over reliant on a loan from Chelsea solidifying our defence and he failed to find an adequate replacement.

So Silva should stay?

So Silva should stay?

Unless we can bring in a top class manager who unites the fans then yes.

To be honest im wondering if weve looked at say Gallardo whose got a cup final on 12th dec or someone else who isnt available quite yet and if Silva does well against Leicester / RS then a decision has to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back