Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see it after we’ve lost the next two games
I think it's clear as day they that Brands/Moshiri don't want to replace him with Moyes or another Fat Sam esque firefighter signing, Of course if we have a horrendous December run he'll probably get the sack and deservedly so but they desperately want him to stagger along till May.

At least Brands has shown some direction and leadership. It should have happened weeks ago. He should be talking to the media a bit more. Glad they've said something even if its sticking which I don't agree with. But still if the results continue this way sticking won't be pretty.

Brands:

"As a Board, we have got to support that. Of course, we know in sport, as always, you have to perform - that’s me, the manager, the players, for everyone.

It’s also important, especially in this club, after a couple of years of instability, to stick together in this situation.

I think it is important that everyone has the feeling that we can turn this around to better results.

Most people know that I always go to the dressing room after the game, to see how the atmosphere is.

Of course, everyone was disappointed last Saturday but you saw also really in the eyes of the players the fire that they want to resolve this, to turn this around – together with the whole staff.

That’s important coming up towards the next couple of games. They will be tough games but games where we can improve."

Stock rising Marcel.

Brands:

"As a Board, we have got to support that. Of course, we know in sport, as always, you have to perform - that’s me, the manager, the players, for everyone.

It’s also important, especially in this club, after a couple of years of instability, to stick together in this situation.

I think it is important that everyone has the feeling that we can turn this around to better results.

Most people know that I always go to the dressing room after the game, to see how the atmosphere is.

Of course, everyone was disappointed last Saturday but you saw also really in the eyes of the players the fire that they want to resolve this, to turn this around – together with the whole staff.

That’s important coming up towards the next couple of games. They will be tough games but games where we can improve."

Stock rising Marcel.
This group of cowards we call a squad have no fire inside them. They’re pathetic.

Are there still any of us out there who believe Silva is going to turn this around with the run of games we have coming up?

I know I've lost all faith in the man myself.

Are there still any of us out there who believe Silva is going to turn this around with the run of games we have coming up?

I know I've lost all faith in the man myself.

depends what you mean by turn it around?

I think if left in he will make the 20pt mark by New Year’s Day and would have a slightly better 2nd half of the season.

the club can spend the few months getting the next guy ready

Oh well, the last vestige of faith I had in Brands as just evaporated just like our season. He's either truly backing a man who cannot turn this club around or he's not planned ahead in case we needed to get rid of Silva. Honestly, the next manager better be a Howitzer to make believe he knows what he's doing.

depends what you mean by turn it around?

I think if left in he will make the 20pt mark by New Year’s Day and would have a slightly better 2nd half of the season.

the club can spend the few months getting the next guy ready

We would have to beat both Burnley and Newcastle for that to be a possibility. With us losing to all of the promoted teams that's not something I can see us doing right now.

We would have to beat both Burnley and Newcastle for that to be a possibility. With us losing to all of the promoted teams that's not something I can see us doing right now.

football is not as simple as you are thinking. One good performance changes the outlook. I’d say it’s unlikely we are losing any more than 4 of the next 8.

it is of course possible we lose them all and finish the year bottom but it’s not as simple as...we lost to those teams so we will lose to those other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back