Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands being on the board has to mean he has a say in if Silva goes, and who replaces him if he does. Not sure I’d trust him to make a good appointment but then I don’t trust Kenwright or Moshiri to either.

Anyway a huge failing of Brands is undoubtedly the failure to find a good alternative to Zouma. A pacey CB to compliment either of Keane and Mina.

Can’t really argue with Gbamin and Delph as replacements for Gueye, at least not yet the pirates of them have been very unfortunate with injuries.

Not sure how I feel about Kean, young promising and pacey striker. Seemed to be exactly what we needed but either he’s a bad egg, a flop or Silva doesn’t trust him.

Defo question marks over Brands anyway, there’s no doubt we’ve been unlucky with injuries and VAR etc but the failure to get a decent CB, RB and striker has to fall on Brands.

Anyway a huge failing of Brands is undoubtedly the failure to find a good alternative to Zouma. A pacey CB to compliment either of Keane and Mina.

Can’t really argue with Gbamin and Delph as replacements for Gueye, at least not yet the pirates of them have been very unfortunate with injuries.

Not sure how I feel about Kean, young promising and pacey striker. Seemed to be exactly what we needed but either he’s a bad egg, a flop or Silva doesn’t trust him.

Defo question marks over Brands anyway, there’s no doubt we’ve been unlucky with injuries and VAR etc but the failure to get a decent CB, RB and striker has to fall on Brands.

It may well be that the targets we had were unobtainable at the prices quoted.

But he surely should have had a wider list, or thought best to wait till Jan / next summer and not waste money.

Remember when City got their money, they bought players who were better than the ones they had....we have done the same.

The difference now is bringing more of those players in to recycle the squad + add some star quality.

My feeling is that we have bought average of 5 permanent players per summer...2 more summer windows and we should be there -- like Brands stated. Then we go for 2 a season -- like Brands stated.

The Brands/Silva players are hardly outperforming the rest of the squad, are they? We seem to have been rather over reliant on a loan from Chelsea solidifying our defence and he failed to find an adequate replacement.

Yes the Brands/Silva players are definitely outperforming the rest of the players in the squad.

If they can’t get a replacement now then why sack him and pay him off, who stands in? Keep him till we are ready to replace him. No point sacking for sacking sake, spent enought money paying managers off

I still think he’s the man

Just heavily shackled, with BK and Mosh not letting do half of his job cus they wanna be involved themselves

I still think he’s the man

Just heavily shackled, with BK and Mosh not letting do half of his job cus they wanna be involved themselves
I still thought Marco was the man about a month ago though so don’t take it from me

I think it said in that Joyce article from the other day, which was otherwise critical of Brands, that he had a defender from Torino lined up, only for Silva to veto it.

Unless we can bring in a top class manager who unites the fans then yes.

To be honest im wondering if weve looked at say Gallardo whose got a cup final on 12th dec or someone else who isnt available quite yet and if Silva does well against Leicester / RS then a decision has to be made.

I think all the impassioned defenses and mitigation for Brands, should apply to Silva also. Yet both are being judged very differently in the same context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back