Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a massive negative impact on this season with his transfer dealings. Now he has one task to do and that's to get shut of the manager. But he's impotent even on that. He's dressed his impotence up in words this week about "keeping to the plan", but it's his weakness to get the job done. He hasn't got the clout to sack a manager Moshiri hired.

He's utterly useless. A "Director" of Football. FFS, what is he "directing" exactly?
Crises either make clear weaknesses or show strength's. Right now I'd say it clearly exposing weaknesses both in him, his role and the board.

Mate, I said when this idiot DoF postion was created it'd lead to utter confusion and waste......
I know you did but that's down to how the board set this up not to the role per se. The DOF has to be accountable to the board. To do that he has to have full control over the hiring and staffing side plus he shouldn't be on the actual board. None of this is the case. The problem at the end of the day in all of this is the board and specifically Moshiri who frankly comes across as clueless and out of his depth.

I mean that overweight under talented Iwobi for £34M and £12M for sicknote Delph and £30M for a forward who doesn't score goals.

We dont even have to throw the new Claus Thomsen in if you dont want to.
What is it with this place that everyone has just started randomly adding £millions onto transfer fees?

Results have vindicated your view, confirmed your prescience. The bloke is a chancer and Everton, as usual, have bolloxed-up an appointment.
Get rid...

The position itself is a chancer position. "Director of Football". It's a head scout job in reality...and if youlre coming from the Dutch League to the PL it means the quality of players you're familiar with or capable of appreciating and attracting are going to be limited for that league.

It's a position for a flim flam man...and Brand is certainly that.

I know you did but that's down to how the board set this up not to the role per se. The DOF has to be accountable to the board. To do that he has to have full control over the hiring and staffing side plus he shouldn't be on the actual board. None of this is the case. The problem at the end of the day in all of this is the board and specifically Moshiri who frankly comes across as clueless and out of his depth.
He agreed to 1/ join the club knowing that his authority was limited and 2/ he joined the board to affirm he knew his place as a bureacrat rather than an executive.

Paper Tiger this feller....a well paid one who keeps his nose clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back