Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Suited not booted". Is that a reference to all the casualties he buys who hardly pull a pair on?

Quick challenge for you mate. Can you think of anything positive to say about Everton that doesn't include Martinez or Silva in the sentence ?
Remember that those two are responsible for many of our current problems , lasting long after their time ( along with Koeman and BFS and their buys)

I actually don't think we should sign another midfielder, - I know this is risky, but because we are unlikely to be in the top 5 and maybe might make a cup run, I think we may as well take this opportunity to use Davies Delph and Beni and just risk it. That midfield is not going to lose us matches, and will be better than Schneiderlin - Delph and at worst will be hit & miss, but will have energy and a lot of passion and effort. Slowing their route to the first team is pointless, and giving them a challenge of stepping up is a good opportunity
I think this is where we learn about our young players again, and see if they're really up to something. Last night we had such a young England team, and they are all people who were given a chance at the first team of top clubs, and it came out ok. We might have an issue if we are producing good players up to the age of 21 and very few then progress -
we have to test that out - have a young crop with at least as much potential as the young ones who play for England but they have never made it . I want to see if Brands is really going to promote young players and take a risk on them

I actually don't think we should sign another midfielder, - I know this is risky, but because we are unlikely to be in the top 5 and maybe might make a cup run, I think we may as well take this opportunity to use Davies Delph and Beni and just risk it. That midfield is not going to lose us matches, and will be better than Schneiderlin - Delph and at worst will be hit & miss, but will have energy and a lot of passion and effort. Slowing their route to the first team is pointless, and giving them a challenge of stepping up is a good opportunity
I think this is where we learn about our young players again, and see if they're really up to something. Last night we had such a young England team, and they are all people who were given a chance at the first team of top clubs, and it came out ok. We might have an issue if we are producing good players up to the age of 21 and very few then progress -
we have to test that out - have a young crop with at least as much potential as the young ones who play for England but they have never made it . I want to see if Brands is really going to promote young players and take a risk on them

In the 2 CM positions we have

Schneiderlin - no
Delph - injury prone
Baningime - done nothing for 2 years
Gbamin - injured and needs to adapt
Gomes - injured
Davies - starter

Going forward Davies, Gomes, Gbamin need one more player in there with a box to box monster my preferred option...

In the 2 CM positions we have

Schneiderlin - no
Delph - injury prone
Baningime - done nothing for 2 years
Gbamin - injured and needs to adapt
Gomes - injured
Davies - starter

Going forward Davies, Gomes, Gbamin need one more player in there with a box to box monster my preferred option...

Delph was injury prone even at Man City wasn't he? That transfer doesn't make sense even more. I like him but it doesn't make sense.

Who would you pick in midfield with a 4-3-3. I'd go Davies Gbamin (If he turns out to be good) and Gomes,
How about a radical idea for this next few months, Baines in a 4-3-3?
Baines - Delph - Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back